1) America East Conference: Stony Brook and Maine will face off in the championship game Saturday. Stoney Brook needs to win just one to be the tournament champs and get the Regional bid.
In: Tournament champ [Stony Brook (28-25, RPI 185) or Maine (34-20, 113) ]. Bubble: Albany (36-14, 68). Conference RPI is a low 18. (1 or 2 in NCAA)
2) Atlantic Coast Conference: With the elimination of Duke during yesterday's tournament games, that knocks them out of the NCAA Regionals. The rest of the teams in the tournament will receive Regional bids.
In: Georgia Tech (41-17, 11), Virginia (42-13, 17), FSU (39-20, 9), Clemson (36-24, 16), North Carolina (41-18, 35) and North Carolina State (35-22 ,19). Bubble: None. Conference PRI is 4. (6 in NCAA)
3) Atlantic Sun Conference: Troy State, which eliminated Stetson yesterday, has to defeat FAU twice today or FAU is the tournament champion. UCF was eliminated yesterday, but should get into the Regionals.
In: FAU (44-15, 33), UCF(44-16, 29). Bubble: Troy State (36-21, 69) and maybe Stetson (36-23, 95). Conference RPI is 11. (2 or 3 in NCAA)
4) Atlantic-10 Conference: I expect this conference will only get one team in the Regionals. Five teams are left in the tournament: George Washington (40-17, 80), Fordham (25-26-1, 189), Richmond (33-22, 99), St. Bonaventure (28-20, 199), and Rhode Island (33-18-1, 109). Either Richmond or St. Bonaventure will be in the championship game. George Washington or Rhode Island or the loser of the Richmond-SBU game will have to defeat them twice to win the tournament. The best scenario will be for George Washington to win the tournament. If they don't, then there is a possibility that they could get into the Regionals due to their 40 wins.
In: Tournament champ. Bubble: George Washington (40-17, 80). Conference RPI is a low 20. (1 or 2 in NCAA)
5) Big East Conference: Notre Dame is in the championship game and will face Boston College.
In: Notre Dame (48-10, 21), St. John's (36-21, 51) and Pittsburgh (38-18, 58). Bubble: Boston College (32-26, 70) is a bubble team if they win one game against Notre Dame. Conference RPI is 6. (3 in NCAA)
6) Big South Conference: With Birmingham-Southern defeating Winthrop yesterday, Birmingham-Southern and Coastal Carolina will play for the tournament championship. I expect both to make it to the Regionals. With their 2 wins in the tournament, Winthrop has put themselves on the bubble for the Regionals.
In: Coastal Carolina (39-20, 41) and Birmingham-Southern (45-15, 39). Bubble: Winthrop (37-23, 67). Conference RPI is 12. (2 or 3 in NCAA)
7) Big Ten Conference: No. 1 seed Minnesota defeated No. 3 seed Michigan to propel itself into the championship game. The Ohio State-Michigan winner will face them. Both are on the bubble, although I heard a rumor yesterday that it is likely the Big Ten will get two in the Regionals, with Ohio State being that second team. If true, here's hoping that Michigan loses to Ohio State.
In: Minnesota (37-20, 53). Bubble: Ohio State (34-24, 75), Michigan (34-25, 85) . Conference RPI is 13. (1, 2 or 3 in NCAA)
8) Big 12 Conference: The surprise in this tournament is that Baylor (29-30, 42) is still in. While they have a solid RPI, they have a losing record. With one loss in the tournament, they should be knocked out sometime today, which will knock them out of the Regionals. As long as that happens, the Big 12 will have 7 teams in the Regionals.
In: Texas (50-12, 2), Oklahoma (37-22, 22), Texas Tech (38-19, 31), Oklahoma State (37-22, 37), Texas A&M (39-19, 18), Missouri (36-20-1, 54), Nebraska (36-23, 28). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 2. (7 in NCAA)
9) Big West Conference: No tournament. Cal State Fullerton, Long Beach State and UC Irvine will make the regionals. Cal Poly, UC Riverside and UC Santa Barbara are on the bubble.
In: Cal State Fullerton (36-20, 20) Long Beach State (36-17, 23), UC Irvine (34-19, 26). Bubble: Cal Poly (38-23, 78), UC Riverside (33-24, 66), UC Santa Barbara (33-21, 74). Conference RPI is 5. (4 or 5 in NCAA)
10) Colonial Athletic Association: Bad news for MSU. Delaware, a team that had no chance to make the Regionals prior to the tournament, defeated UNC Wilmington yesterday, which put them in the championship game of the tournament. UNC Wilmington then defeated George Mason last night to move into the championship game against Delaware, but they must defeat Delaware twice to win the tournament championship.
In: Delaware (33-22, 87) if they win the tournament, UNC Wilmington (36-21, 45), George Mason (39-17, 50). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 10. (2 or 3 in NCAA)
11) Conference USA: More bad news for MSU. First East Carolina went out, now Tulane has been eliminated. Both will receive Regional bids. Southern Miss, the third team in the tournament that is a certain Regional selection is 1 loss away from elimination. Other than USM, there are three teams left, UAB (2-0 in tourney), Houston (2-0 in tourney) and TCU (2-1 in tourney), two of whom had no chance for a Regional bid until they did so well in the tournament.
In: UAB (30-27, 112), Houston (30-27, 44) or TCU (35-24, 48) if any of them win the tournament. Locks are Southern Miss (42-16, 30), Tulane (38-19, 46) and East Carolina (48-11, 12). Bubble: TCU if they don't win the tournament and maybe Houston if they don't win the tournament. Conference RPI is 7. (4 or 5 in NCAA)
12) Horizon League: They will only get one bid so what has happened in their tournament has no bearing on MSU's chances.
In: Tournament champ (should be Illinois-Chicago, 35-19, 141). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 27. (1 in NCAA)
13) Ivy Group: They will only get one bid so what has happened in their tournament has no bearing on MSU's chances.
In: Princeton (27-18, 127). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 24. (1 in NCAA)
14) Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference: They will only get one bid so what has happened in their tournament has no bearing on MSU's chances.
In: Tournament champ [Le Moyne (35-19, 158) or Manhattan College (25-26-1, 219) ]. Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 29. (1 in NCAA)
15) Mid-American Conference: They will only get one bid so what has happened in their tournament has no bearing on MSU's chances.
In: Tournament champ [Kent State (34-25, 120), Miami-Ohio (36-20, 103) or Eastern Michigan (31-26, 139) ]. Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 19. (1 in NCAA)
16) Mid-Continent Conference: Oral Roberts faces Southern Utah in the tournament championship game. All OR has to do is win one of two and they are the champs.
In: Tournament champ [Oral Roberts (47-9, 36) or Southern Utah (18-29, 260) ]. Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 26. (1 in NCAA)
17) Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference: They will only get one bid so what has happened in their tournament has no bearing on MSU's chances.
In: Bethune-Cookman (27-26, 198). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 31. (1 in NCAA)
18) Missouri Valley Conference: Potentially damaging news for MSU. Southern Illinois and Wichita State face off in the championship game today. Wichita State has to win two to win the tournament. SIU has only one chance to make it to the Regionals and that is to win one game today.
In: Tournament champ [Wichita State (45-14, 38) or Southern Illinois 27-30-1, 128) ]. Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 15. (1 in NCAA if WSU wins, 2 if SIU wins)
19) Mountain West Conference: They will only get one bid so what has happened in their tournament has no bearing on MSU's chances.
In: Tournament champ [Nevada-Las Vegas (36-22 ,123) or (San Diego State (35-28, 135) ]. Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 23. (1 in NCAA)
20) Northeast Conference: They will only get one bid so what happened in their tournament had no bearing on MSU's chances.
In: Central Connecticut State (41-15-1, 98). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 28. (1 in NCAA)
21) Ohio Valley Conference: They will only get one bid so what has happened in their tournament has no bearing on MSU's chances.
In: Tournament champ [Either Jacksonville State (30-26, 134) or Southeast Missouri (28-27, 166) ]. Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 22. (1 in NCAA)
22) Pacific-10 Conference: No tournament. Stanford, Washington, Arizona State and possibly UCLA, Oregon State and Arizona will get in.
In: Stanford 43-11 (15), Washington 35-18-1 (28), Arizona State 39-15 (3). Bubble: Oregon State (31-20, 63), UCLA 31-27 (49), Arizona (29-23, 34). Conference RPI is 3. (3, 4 or 5 in NCAA)
23) Patriot League: Army won the regular season and the touranment.
In: Army (37-13, 106). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 25. (1 in NCAA)
24) Southeastern Conference: All tournament teams should go to the NCAA, so what happens in this tournament has no bearing on MSU's chances.
In: Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt. Bubble: Mississippi State (34-22, 27). Conference RPI is 1. (8 or 9 in NCAA)
25) Southern Conference: While the College of Charleston did what they had to do yesterday and that was win their game, Western Carolina winning really hurt because they had no shot whatsoever of getting a Regional bid unless they won their tournament. All they have to do is win one game and they win the tournament. Meanwhile, College of Charleston has to defeat The Citadel this afternoon, then turn right around and defeat Western Carolina tonight and Sunday afternoon to win the tournament.
In: College of Charleston (45-13, 47). Either Western Carolina (28-29, 147) or The Citadel (35-26, 96) will make it if one of them wins the tournament. Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 14. (1 or 2 in NCAA)
26) Southland Conference: Lamar is in the driver's seat with a 3-0 record in the tournament. If they defeat Louisiana-Monroe one game today, then this conference should only get one unless Texas State's low RPI somehow gets them in.
In: Lamar (40-14, 40). Louisiana-Monroe (30-27, 137) if they win the tournament. Bubble: Texas State (32-26, 52). Conference RPI is 21. (1 or 2 in NCAA)
27) Southwestern Athletic Conference: Texas Southern won the tournament and will represent the SWAC in the NCAA Regionals.
In: Texas Southern (18-33, 250). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 30. (1 in NCAA)
28) Sun Belt Conference: The wins by Louisiana-Lafayette and Western Kentucky really hurt MSU's chances for a Regional bid. Neither one had a legit chance of getting into the Regionals, now both have a chance to win the tournament and get the automatic bid. Pull for Middle Tennessee to somehow win out.
In: Middle Tennessee (39-19, 56). If Louisiana-Lafayette (34-22, 61) or Western Kentucky (33-26, 119) win the tournament, then that team is also in. Bubble: Louisiana-Lafayette if they don't win the tournament. Conference RPI is 9. (1, 2 or 3 in NCAA)
29) Western Athletic Conference: No tournament. Season Champ - Rice.
In: Rice (40-11, 8). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 8. (1 in NCAA)
30) West Coast Conference: They will only get one bid so happens in this tournament has no bearing on MSU's chances. However, just to be on the safe side it would be nice if Loyola Marymount won the tournament.
In: Tournament champ will either be Pepperdine (27-30, 146) or Loyola Marymount (32-21-1, 83). Bubble: None. Conference RPI is 17. (1 in NCAA)
Miami-Florida (42-11, 1) is in no matter what. (1 in NCAA)
Things aren't looking good. While it is obvious Mississippi State is one of the top 64 teams in the nation, upsets in the tournaments and the NCAA political correctness will hurt their chances. So, Mississippi State really needs several miracles to happen today for them to make the Regionals. Pull for George Washington, Notre Dame, Ohio State over Michigan, Southern Miss, Oral Roberts, Wichita State, Lamar and Middle Tennessee State. Pull for someone to defeat Baylor once and Delaware twice. Pull for Western Carolina to also lose two.
Gene Swindoll is the publisher/owner of Gene's Page, the source for Mississippi State sports on TheInsiders.com sports network. You can contact him by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.