Junior day, which is called Awareness Day, is February 16th. It will begin with a meeting in the Shira Complex at 10 a.m. MSU football coach Jackie Sherrill and his staff will meet with all who are in attendance. A tour of the Mississippi State football facilities and the Sanderson Rec. Center is included. All interested juniors should contact Mrs. Susan Simmons at 662-325-2536 to order three complimentary passes to the basketball game that afternoon. Awareness Day is considered an unofficial visit.
MSU COACHES' CLINIC
The coaches' clinic is on March 21st and 22nd. Contact Jane Ballard in the football office at 662-325-2534 for additional details and also to sign up for the clinic.
SIGNING DAY PARTIES
There will be signing day parties at various locations. See list below.
1. Meridian, MS--Cafe Latte (820 22nd Ave.)-5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Everyone is invited. (Lauderdale Co. Alumni)
2. Southaven, MS--DeSoto Civic Center Convention Hall-6:00 p.m. Cost is $5.00 at the door. Guest speaker--Strength Coach Mike Grant. Everyone is invited.
3. Hoover, AL--Damon's (Hwy. 31)-6:00 p.m. Cost is $5.00 per person. Guest speaker--a member of the MSU football coaching staff. If any questions, send your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or contact Chris Settle @ 205-527-6487. (Birmingham Alumni Association)
4. Camp Comanche, Bosnia--Camp Comanche Dining Hall. Everyone is invited. :)
5. Memphis, TN--The Racquet Club of Memphis--West Ball Room (please enter on west end) (5111 Sanderlin Ave)-6:00-8:30 p.m. Cost is $15 at the door. Guest speakers--Coach Joe Lee Dunn and Coach Terry Lewis (a native Memphian). An open buffet of heavy hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar will be available. Please RSVP by Monday, Feb. 4 by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 901-758-7520.
6. Huntsville, AL--Wings Sports Grille (4250 Balmoral Dr.)-5:30 p.m. Guest Speaker--Coach McCray. Call Rob Heard @ 256-534-6745, or contact him by e-mail Rob.Heard@southtrust.com (Alumni Association).
7. Jackson, MS--Mikhail's (the old Primos Conference Center on North State Street)-6:00 p.m. Admission is $10 for members and $25 for non-members (non-members may join GJBB at the door.) Guest speakers--Coach Sherrill, Coach Davis, and others. Light snacks and a cash bar will be available for attendees. If you have any questions or comments, please call Aubrey Corley at 856-9704 or John Passons at 668-7589 (Greater Jackson Bulldog Boosters).
8. Grenada, MS--Roxie's Square Table Spoon (on the Square)-Social-6:30-7:00 p.m.; Program-7:00 p.m. Cost is $10 for adults & $5 for children. Guest speaker--Coach Melvin Smith. Adults can choose between prime rib, grilled chicken, or grilled porkchop with two side items and a salad and homemade rolls.
9. Tupelo, MS--Gloster 205--4:00-7:00 p.m. Cost is $10 per person at the door. Guest speaker--Coach Sparky Woods. Hors d'oeuvres and cash bar. Contact Rick Faucette at 842-5057 for more information.
10. Starkville, MS--Harvey's Restaurant in the Bulldog Boardroom (406 Hwy 12, Southdale Center, next door to the Lodge & across the street from the Ramada Inn)--6:00 p.m. Cover charge TBA. Cash bar will be available. Guest speaker will be MSU football graduate assistant Wes Slay. Wes took over the coordination of football recruiting after Coach David Wilson left. Sponsored in part by Gene's Page.