"I got in a week and a half of work before I injured my rib. Right now, it is better, probably about 90%. The other 10% will come with work by building the strength back up. As far as mending, it is back to where it needs to be. I am able to work out 100% now."
What were your goals going into the spring?
"I wanted to get better at route running and understanding the defensive coverage better. I know my routes but I just wanted to get better at them and making better decisions when it comes to the different coverages."
Even though you only got to practice a week and a half, do you feel you reached your goals?
"I really did get better. During the time I was able to practice, I was surprised at how fast I picked it up. It was natural for me. It is fun when you are out there and just having fun and not having to think (about what you have to do)."
During the time I saw you play, you were almost unstoppable. Did you realize you were playing so well?
"I realized (how well I was doing during the spring), but I didn't want to because a player has areas he can always improve in. I know I'm getting better, but I'm not where I want to be. I'm never satisfied."
What are your team goals this season?
"Team-wise, we want to go undefeated. Of course, it's not possible for every team to go undefeated, however, we want to have a good season and go to a good bowl game."
What are your individual goals?
"My individual goal last year was to get at least 4 touchdowns but I doubled that. I just want to get at least the same number as last year, be a team leader and help my team."
Gene Swindoll is the owner of Gene's Page (http://mississippistate.theinsiders.com), the unofficial source for Mississippi State sports on the internet. You can contact him by email at email@example.com.