The following is an unofficial Tiger Target Board focusing on the Quarterback position for the class of 2012. It looks like the Missouri Tigers will land a top 10 QB for the class possibly as early as tomorrow.
This target board includes players offered and those not offered but that would be considered possible targets in the future
The Tigers will likely only take one quarterback in this class unless they lose someone at the position before signing day in February 2012.
|Maty Mauk 6'2" 195 4.6 Kenton (OH) Offered|
- The Ohio stat machine signal caller puts up crazy numbers in his spread offense having already thrown for over 13,000 yards and 151 touchdowns, while rushing for almost 2,000 more yards and 35 TDs during his previous three years in high school. He is poised to break his big brother Ben's national record for career yards of 17,634 which has held since 2002.
Mauk will be visiting Columbia (MO) tomorrow and speculation is that he will commit to the Tigers possibly during his visit. He told ShowMeMizzou.com that he'll be making his decision "real soon".
|Gunner Kiel 6'4" 210 4.7 Columbus (IN) Offered|
- The top ranked QB in the 2012 class also appears to be ready to make his college decision. He had been considering Oklahoma, Missouri, Alabama and Indiana, and was suppose to make an announcement back on June 10th. He has put that off and late word today was that he could be making his commitment within the next day or so to either Indiana or Alabama. No official word that Missouri is out of it, but the possibly commitment from Mauk would make it seem less likely that he becomes a Tiger.
Other schools considering: Indiana,Alabama, Oklahoma
|Tommy Armstrong 6'1" 205 4.5 Cibolo (TX) Steele Offered|
-Armstrong is a fast rising dual threat QB prospect who continues to improve on his passing skills. Schools such as Oregon and Nebraska are fast on his heels. The Tigers have offered and are among the remaining 3 schools that Armstrong is considering for a top 5 which to visit.
|T.J. Millweard 6'5" 205 4.7 Ft. Worth (TX) All Saints Episcopal Not Offered|
-Millweard was a bit of an unknown earlier in the year when he committed to Virginia Tech. He has risen in the recruiting rankings with some strong spring performances and his stock has risen. The thought was that they Tigers might make a run at Millweard (who has family ties at Mizzou) should they miss on both Kiel or Mauk. Recently Millweard switched his commitment from VA Tech to Arizona State. Would a third school commitment be possible at this point?
Other schools considering: Committed to Arizona State
|Jalen Overstreet 6'3" 205 4.56 Tatum (TX) Offered|
- Overstreet said recently that he understood that he would likely play either wide receiver or safety if he came to Missouri, and that he just wanted the opportunity to play football. The Tigers could give him the chance to start out at QB if he came to Mizzou as the staff allows players to decide where they may want to start out at if there is a question regarding playing multiple spots.
|Eric Siebenshuh 6'4" 205 4.7 Francis Howell (MO) No Offer|
-Eric Siebenshuh is a real wild-card this year and one of the top sleepers in the class of 2012. He will be the Vikings starting QB for the first time as a senior after being the back-up and playing safety last year. However, he is one of the more technically sound and talented quarterback prospects you will find. Strong arm, makes all the throws and looks like a D1 prospect. He has camped with Iowa, Missouri and others and is on Iowa's short list for a possible offer.
Other schools considering: Iowa, Indiana,Illinois,others
|Dalton Demos 6'4" 190 4.69 St. Louis (MO) CBC No Offer|
- Demos is a very athletic QB prospect who excelled at the Elite 11 in Ohio a little while back. He has also been at multiple Tiger camps this spring and summer and is on the Tigers radar of prospects they have seen. He is currently part of a St. Louis Rams sponsored 7 on 7 team that will compete nationally later this month in Ohio. He is also receiving interest from Tulsa and Illinois as of late.
Other schools considering: Tulsa, Illinois
|Darrack Harger 6'3" 195 Sand Springs (OK) No Offer|
- Darrack has made several visits to Columbia for unofficial visits and was among the better QB prospects at the Tigers Springfield camp. He consistently lists the Tigers as a school he has interest in and that is recruiting him.