Here is the follow-up to the Missouri Tiger offensive target board produced the other day. Today we take a look at the unofficial Tiger defensive target board.
Javonte Magee 6'6" 265 DE San Antonio (TX) Sam Houston 4.8
-Magee is a top 100 national prospect that has been considering Missouri for some time now. Despite having over 48 offers, Magee will be using one of his five official visits allowed to trip to Mizzou this coming weekend of the 9th. One of the things that makes Missouri attractive to him is that he wants to play defensive end in college. Although he could play any position up and down the line, the Tigers are recruiting him as a DE.
David Perkins 6'2" 215 DE/LB/ATH South Bend (IN) Washington 4.38
- Perkins is a speedy athlete who was committed to Notre Dame at one point and could play on either side of the ball. He informed me that the Tigers have told him that if he wound up on the defensive side that he would be used as a rush end or outside linebacker. He also feels as though he could just as easily play running back or wide receiver in college. He is planning a visit to Missouri but did not have a date when we last spoke.
Aaron Curry 6'3" 273 DT Keller (TX) Fossil Ridge 4.9
- Curry has already made an unofficial visit to Missouri this past summer. He will be making his official visit this Friday December 9th along with Magee and many other prospects. He is thought to be in the same mold as a Ziggy Hood or Dominique Hamilton tyoe of defensive tackle. He is also considering Iowa, Baylor, Boise State and Ole Miss.
Vincent Valentine 6'4" 315 DT Edwardsville (IL) 5.1
- Valentine is an interesting prospect that will be visiting Missouri on December 16th. He was an All-State performer and has a lot of upside as a interior defender that could play either defensive tackle/nose spot. Great size and above average quickness and athleticism. He is also planning on visiting Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas. He told me once that Missouri would always be in consideration because they allow him the chance to go away but still be close to home.
Michael Richardson 6'2" 230 DE DeSoto (TX) 4.8
- Richardson is a current Texas A&M commit, but with the coaching change is going to look at all of his options, which seems to include Missouri according to him. Richardson told me that he is planning on visiting Missouri probably on December 16th and then most likely USC and possibly UCLA in January. He is considered the same type of DE as former Aggie Von Miller and is an attacking type DE.
Jesse Rogers 6'4" 240 DE Arlington (TX) Bowie 4.8
- Rogers is a player the Tigers have been recruiting. However, he is currently a North Carolina commitment, and despite the fact that the Tarheels have not had a set coach until today, is reportedly solid to UNC according to his high school coach. Rumors had it that he may visit Missouri this weekend of the 9th along with teammate Russell Hansbrough who will be visiting Missouri at that time. Since there is some smoke we will continue to see if a fire develops.
Ka'Ra Stewart 6'0" 190 S O'Fallon (IL) 4.5
- Missouri was the first to identify and offer the talented athlete from O'Fallon,IL. Stewart transferred in from Virginia and quickly became an important piece of the Panthers run into the playoffs. He is visiting Missouri this coming weekend after having visited Minnesota last weekend and plans to visit Iowa on the 16th.
Kentrell Brice 6'1" 175 CB Ruston (LA) 4.47
- Kentrell committed to Missouri back in the summer only to de-commit and commit to Louisiana Tech, saying that he wanted to be closer to home. The Tigers continued to recruit Brice and it looks like he will be making an official visit to Columbia this weekend of the 9th along with many others.
Quadry Antoine 5'11" 210 S Belle Chasse (LA) 4.59
-Antoine is still currently committed to Mississippi State but will be looking around and taking visits to several schools including Missouri in January.Reportedly a big hitter, Antoine also plans to visit MSU, Oklahoma State, Minnesota and FIU.
Will Hines 6'1" 190 CB Waco (TX) 4.45 - Hines says that he is still committed to Missouri and will be visiting this coming weekend for his official visit. However, he also plans on taking visits to Arkansas January 13th and TCU January 20th. The Tiger staff hopes to make those trips moot after this weekend.
Edward Pope 6'3" 190 S/WR Carthage (TX)4.5 -Pope has been committed to TCU for some time,but like many players this year is planning on taking visits to other schools and continues to look. Missouri is apparently one of those schools. He is also getting looks from schools at WR.