Here is an update on the unofficial Missouri Tiger Target Board following last week's big recruiting weekend and with a handful of recruits coming in this weekend.
Dorial Green-Beckham 6'5" 220 Springfield (MO) Hillcrest WR 4.45 –The national high school receiving yards record holder continues to play his recruitment close to the vest, but we are getting a better idea of who is in the running and who isn't. He has taken unofficial visits to Missouri, Arkansas,Oklahoma, Auburn and Texas. So far, his only official visit has been to Texas, with an official reportedly scheduled to Oklahoma on Dec. 16th. He has an official visit scheduled to Missouri in January which will likely be his last visit. UPDATE- DGB is being vague about any future official visits and has said that he knows enough about the schools he is considering and has made unofficial visits to them. It will remain to be seen what happens with him at the US Army Bowl and during January.
Evan Boehm 6'4" 305 Lee's Summit (MO) West OG/C 5.1
- Evan de-committed from Missouri recently, but is still considering the Tigers and will be making his official visit to Mizzou this coming Friday the 9th of December. He recently took an official visit to Auburn and had an in-home visit from Michigan last week. Other schools he is reportedly considering include Oklahoma and Iowa. UPDATE- Boehm had a good visit to Missouri and is thought to be close to making a decision between Missouri and Auburn. Both schools had in-home visits with him this past week. If he is to take anymore visits before deciding it will be this weekend and the 13th of January. He decided to not discuss his recruitment publicly this week.
Ryan Jackson 5'11" 185 Angleton (TX) WR 4.43
- Jackson is still a Houston commit after pledging there back in May of this year. However, he is keeping his options open, which will include an official visit to Missouri who he says is recruiting him as a slot receiver. Jackson is an extremely fast prospect who runs a 10.7 100 meters in track. He also plans to visit Utah in January. He was originally going to visit Mizzou in January, but his team lost this past weekend in the state semifinals and it's possible he could come in either this weekend of the 9th or December 16th. UPDATE- Ryan Jackson is scheduled to be among Missouri's visitors for this weekend of the 16th. Houston has experienced a coaching change. Utah is still a possibility for a January visit.
Dominique Wheeler 6'1" 190 Crockett (TX) WR 4.45
- Wheeler is another player committed to another school (Texas Tech) that is going to be taking visits to other schools. He received a Missouri offer earlier in the year and is considering visits to TCU,Baylor, Oklahoma State and Missouri. UPDATE- Nothing new to report.
Reginald Davis 6'1" 190 Tenaha (TX) WR 4.45
-Davis plays QB for his high school team and has done a fabulous job in leading them deep into the Texas high school playoffs. They play in the semifinal game this coming weekend. Word is that he is considering taking visits to schools and that Missouri is among those being considered. Nothing will be done until after his season is over. UPDATE- Davis led his team to the Texas class state championship on Thursday accounting for over 500 yards of total offense. He has told ShowMeMizzou.com that he will be taking an official visit to Missouri in January.
Sean Culkin 6'6" 220 Largo (FL) Indian Rocks TE 4.68
-Culkin is an impressive 3-sport athlete who excels at TE and DE for his HS team. He is also a long snapper. The physical TE had almost 1,000 yards receiving this past season. He will be visiting Missouri for his official on December 9th. UPDATE- Culkin had a very successful official visit to Missouri, and while declining to say that Missouri was his top team, said the Tigers were "up there". He also reportedly had great in-home visit with Gary Pinkel on Thursday night.
Russell Hansbrough 5'8" 175 Arlington (TX) Bowie 4.45
-The speedy Hansbrough committed to Arizona State but is visiting Missouri after a coaching change for the Sun Devils. The Tigers would like to bring in two backs in this class due to the uncertainty of the timeline of Henry Josey's return to the team after injury. UPDATE- Hansbrough had some good things to say about his visit to Missouri, but was waiting to see who the new ASU coach would be. He is also planning an official visit to Texas Tech in January.
Jake Meador 6'7" 305 Whiteland (IN) OT 5.2
-The Ole Miss commit made an unofficial visit to Missouri for the Texas Tech game. He is considered a soft commit to the Rebels, who just named a new head coach, and plans on taking an official visit to Missouri. UPDATE- Meador told us he had a very good visit and we understand that his family really liked Missouri. He is still a soft Ole Miss commit and plans on taking visits there and to Indiana and SMU.
Edward Pope 6'3" 190 S/WR Carthage (TX)4.5 -Pope has been committed to TCU for some time,but like many players this year is planning on taking visits to other schools and continues to look. Missouri is apparently one of those schools. He is also getting looks from schools at WR. UPDATE- Pope has told us that he is interested in Missouri since they are recruiting him as a wide receiver and will be taking his unofficial to Missouri in January.
Gunner Kiel 6'4" 220 Columbus (IN) East QB 4.7
- We hear the rumors regarding Gunner Kiel. Including that his high school coach may have reached out to Missouri to see if that might still be an option. He is a mid-year transfer and I have been told that an official visit to Missouri would not be needed because of his familiarity with the school and coaches. At this point I feel it is unlikely, but since there is so little info coming out regarding his recruitment. UPDATE- Recent rumors have Kiel narrowing his focus to two teams. Notre Dame and Vanderbilt.
Javonte Magee 6'6" 265 DE San Antonio (TX) Sam Houston 4.8
-Magee is a top 100 national prospect that has been considering Missouri for some time now. Despite having over 48 offers, Magee will be using one of his five official visits allowed to trip to Mizzou this coming weekend of the 9th. One of the things that makes Missouri attractive to him is that he wants to play defensive end in college. Although he could play any position up and down the line, the Tigers are recruiting him as a DE. UPDATE- Magee had a good official to Missouri and expressed that he might possibly be done taking visits. He expects to make a decision closer to signing day.
David Perkins 6'2" 215 DE/LB/ATH South Bend (IN) Washington 4.38
- Perkins is a speedy athlete who was committed to Notre Dame at one point and could play on either side of the ball. He informed me that the Tigers have told him that if he wound up on the defensive side that he would be used as a rush end or outside linebacker. He also feels as though he could just as easily play running back or wide receiver in college. He is planning a visit to Missouri but did not have a date when we last spoke. UPDATE- Perkins spoke highly of his official visit to Missouri and said that he could play either offense or defense for the Tigers. He currently only has one other official visit scheduled to Ohio State on January 13th. He says he is unsure of official visits outside of that one.
Aaron Curry 6'3" 273 DT Keller (TX) Fossil Ridge 4.9
- Curry has already made an unofficial visit to Missouri this past summer. He will be making his official visit this Friday December 9th along with Magee and many other prospects. He is thought to be in the same mold as a Ziggy Hood or Dominique Hamilton type of defensive tackle. He is also considering Iowa, Baylor, Boise State and Ole Miss. UPDATE- We understand that Curry's visit went well and that the Tigers may currently be in the lead for his services. He is currently trying to decide from between Missouri and the other schools on his list.
Vincent Valentine 6'4" 315 DT Edwardsville (IL) 5.1
- Valentine is an interesting prospect that will be visiting Missouri on December 16th. He was an All-State performer and has a lot of upside as a interior defender that could play either defensive tackle/nose spot. Great size and above average quickness and athleticism. He is also planning on visiting Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas. He told me once that Missouri would always be in consideration because they allow him the chance to go away but still be close to home. UPDATE- Valentine was suppose to visit Missouri this weekend, but changed his mind and will be visiting Nebraska instead. His Missouri visit has been pushed back to January.
Michael Richardson 6'2" 230 DE DeSoto (TX) 4.8
- Richardson is a current Texas A&M commit, but with the coaching change is going to look at all of his options, which seems to include Missouri according to him. Richardson told me that he is planning on visiting Missouri probably on December 16th and then most likely USC and possibly UCLA in January. He is considered the same type of DE as former Aggie Von Miller and is an attacking type DE. UPDATE- Richardson has decided not to talk with the media regarding his recruitment, but he did tells us that his visit was a good one. We are hearing that it might have gone well enough that Missouri is now in the running for him along with A&M. He is still a Aggie commit.
Kentrell Brice 6'1" 175 CB Ruston (LA) 4.47
- Kentrell committed to Missouri back in the summer only to de-commit and commit to Louisiana Tech, saying that he wanted to be closer to home. The Tigers continued to recruit Brice and it looks like he will be making an official visit to Columbia this weekend of the 9th along with many others.UPDATE- Brice will be making his official visit to Missouri this weekend. Two things have changed recently with him. His main recruiter Barry Odom has decided to take a job as DC at Memphis, and he has received an offer from Ole Miss. Brice would like to play in the SEC and stay as close to home as possible.
Quadry Antoine 5'11" 210 S Belle Chasse (LA) 4.59
-Antoine is still currently committed to Mississippi State but will be looking around and taking visits to several schools including Missouri in January.Reportedly a big hitter, Antoine also plans to visit MSU, Oklahoma State, Minnesota and FIU. UPDATE- With the commitment of Ka'Ra Stewart, it is unlikely that Missouri is still recruiting Antoine, who is still a Mississippi State commit and recently said Oklahoma State would be his likely destination if he switched.
Will Hines 6'1" 190 CB Waco (TX) 4.45 - Hines says that he is still committed to Missouri and will be visiting this coming weekend for his official visit. However, he also plans on taking visits to Arkansas January 13th and TCU January 20th. The Tiger staff hopes to make those trips moot after this weekend. UPDATE- Hine says that he was a solid commit to Missouri after his visit, but that he will still visit Arkansas and TCU in January. He has since said he is 95% sure he will sign with Missouri, although he has expressed some displeasure at Barry Odom leaving for Memphis. Hines is a soft commit at best.
Dylan Cozens 6'5" 245 DE Scottsdale (AZ) Chaparral 4.6- Dylan Cozens was a bit of a sleeper since his senior year was his first playing high school football. That hasn't stopped schools such as Missouri, Boise State, Washington, Utah and most recently Arizona from offering him. He took his official to Mizzou last week and Boise the week before that. He will be visiting Washington this weekend and Utah in January. He said he liked Missouri and will make a decision sometime around January 20th.
Mike Onuoha 6'7" 230 DE Edmond (OK) Santa Fe 4.6 – Onuoha just picked up his offer from Missouri this past week. The talented athlete could play on either side of the ball and may wind up at TE before all is said and done. He would however like to start out playing defensive end should he come to Missouri. He will be taking his official visit to Mizzou in January. The Tigers are currently his favorite.