1. Has Stud Written All Over Him - William Franklin and Saint Louis Vashon competed in a basketball tournament in Columbia last evening. William still leaves many marveled after each performance with his athleticism. Franklin is serving notice in every athletic event he participates in that he is a superlative athlete who has a chance to be an elite college football player.
2. Similar Except...? Do not expect Missouri to get involved in the recruitment of LB Lance Brandenburgh. Lance is projected as a very similar player to commit Van Alexander, but it is safe to say that Van jumped out far more impressive on film. Alexander is at least 2/10s of a second faster in the forty, which sets him apart from Brandenburgh.
3. Goodbye to Mickey - Missouri has decided to leave the sunshine state of Florida, unless interest is warranted. You can expect the Tigers main focus to lie within their own borders, stretching out to Oklahoma and Texas.
4. The Texas Two-Step - The Tigers have offered San Antonio duo OL Aaron Saunders and QB Mack Breed. Saunders, at 6'7 282, would fill the opposite tackle slot alongside Kyle Riggs. While I have not confirmed yet, many schools are recruiting Breed as an athlete, and it would surprise me to hear the same of Missouri.
5. Elite QBs in Tigers Future? - If Nick and Chase Patton follow through with their scheduled appearance at the upcoming Vegas Elite 11 Work-out, it could very well mean that three legitimate Tiger quarterback prospects were invited. Kirby Freeman has already been invited and accepted the invitation.
6. Simply Outstanding Jackson - Quarterback Darrell Jackson returned from the Illinois camp receiving his second outstanding quarterback award. Although the Illini did their best to impress Jackson, close sources inform me Missouri is still the team to beat.
7. In Any Other Year... - Lafeyette quarterback Taylor Bennett is probably one of the best known secrets in the country. In most normal years, Missouri would have likely snatched him up at this point, but you can't argue with their attempt of signing Darrell Jackson, Nick Patton, and Chase Patton. A school is going to have to soon offer, and Boise State may be the first. All Missouri fans should wish this in-state product well as he is bound for success somewhere.
8. Most Likely To Leave The State? - If there were two kids at this point that I felt were most likely to leave the state, I would speculate on ATH Arthur Miller and OL Brett Gallimore. While Gallimore is still strongly considering Missouri with them in his top five, there has still been plenty to wonder concerning the recruitment of Miller. He was a no show, although teammates were in attendance, at the one day camp held in Saint Louis, and has not given any word of making a visit to Columbia in the near future. Next, he will be making an unofficial visit to Illinois on June 27th. Kirkwood Head Coach Michael Wade commented it may be best for Arthur to leave the state earlier this spring, but do not expect the Tiger coaching staff to budge. Arthur will not be making an early decision so there is still plenty of time to make up ground.