Here is how I would rank the current players who have been offered so far.
1. D.J. Hord 6`2" 189 WR 4.39 Rockhurst – The clear-cut top prospect in the state based on potential and athletic ability. Hord could play for any program in the country and will be heavily recruited. Mizzou will be in the mix.
2. Chris Brooks 6`4" 200 WR 4.5 Hazelwood East - Gifted athlete who can be a big play guy at receiver or make the switch to defense and be successful. Mizzou commit.
3. Chase Coffman 6`7" 215 TE 4.77 Raymore Peculiar – The top pass catching TE prospect to come out of Missouri in awhile. Coffman will be a difference maker in any teams passing game. Big play clutch receiver. Mizzou among favorites.
4. James Stigall 6`4" 300 OT 5.1 Blue Springs – The top offensive lineman in this years class. Stigall could be the most heavily recruited player in the state next to Hord when it's all said and done.
5. A. J. Jimmerson 5`11" 190 RB 4.45 Hazelwood Central – Very speedy all-purpose back who has great hands and is an excellent receiver and kick returner as well. Solid runner who will only get better.
6. Tarell Corby 6`4" 210 DE 4.48 N. Kansas City – Excellent athlete who has really benefited from strong camp performances. Needs to get bigger and stronger but that should not be a problem with his frame. He could be the steal of this year's class. Would he have gotten noticed more if he played at Blue Springs or the Rock? Yes. Mizzou commit.
7. Steven Davis 6`3" 225 DE 4.55 McClure North – Another very good athlete (even returned a couple of kickoffs last year) playing DE who plays as well against the run as he does pressuring the QB. Did not attend Mizzou one day camp but is very high on the Tigers target board.
8. Allan Smith 6`3" 200 LB/ DE 4.53 Rockhurst – Fits the similar mold of Corby and Davis as a fast, athletic guy playing defense. Size will probably make him an outside backer in college. Excellent at getting in the opponent's backfield and is a good hitter. Mizzou among his top choices.
9. Brock Christopher 6`3" 220 LB 4.6 Kearney- Some people are not as high on Brock as I am, but from the first time I saw him play as a sophomore, I knew he was a D1 prospect. Strong, tough kid with decent speed who could even play fullback in college in my opinion. Mizzou commit.
10. Kurtis Gregory 6`6" 290 OT 5.1 Santa Fe – Impressive physical specimen from rural Missouri that could play on either side of the ball, but I think will stay on offense. Has good feet and strength. Mizzou commit.
11. Justin Thornton 6`2" 185 FS 4.5 St. Joseph Central – Rangy track hurdler has the speed the Tiger staff covets. Mizzou was first to offer.
WHO IS NEXT IN LINE?
1. Jarius Byrd 6`0" 201 DB 4.5 Clayton – Even though he did not attend the Mizzou one-day camp in STL, Byrd is among the top players in the area and state this year. He did it all for Clayton last year playing QB besides safety as well as kicking duties and returning punts and kickoffs. The interest between both Byrd and Mizzou appears to low at this point.
2. Ashton Farmer 6`5" 210 TE/WR 4.62 Charleston – Had a very impressive day at the one day camp in STL. Should good strength and had a nice 40 time for someone who has been very busy playing nationally on the AAU basketball circuit and not concentrating on football. When he does dedicate himself to football only, look out. Farmer's combo of athletic ability along with size, hands and speed will make him a serious target.
3. Lance Reams 6`5" 275 OG 5.1 Centralia – Reams seems to have solidified his place among the top offensive linemen in this year's class. Recently won honors at Mizzou team camp in Columbia.
4. Demond Thorpe 6`1" 190 WR 4.5 Rock Bridge – Big-time athlete who was one of Chase Patton's best targets last year. I rank him as the third best WR prospect in the state behind Hord and Brooks. He is a great athlete who is also a good basketball player.
5. Hardy Ricks 6`0" 180 FS/RB 4.5 Brentwood – Ricks was one of the top smaller school players in St. Louis last year rushing for over 1,400 yards and having over 150 tackles on defense. Also a standout wrestler, Ricks has opened some eyes at camp this summer.
6. Jaron Baston 6`1" 255 DL 4.75 Blue Springs – I see Jaron eventually moving inside on the DL and being able to use his quickness, speed and all-state wrestling ability to his advantage. The Tigers are recruiting a similar player in O` Fallon IL LB/DL Daniel Moore 6`2" 245. First one in the door may get a scholarship from Missouri.
7. Clayton Davis 6`0" 170 CB 4.49 Hazelwood Central – Davis has perhaps moved ahead of fellow teammates Kazeem Alli and Frank Burrell as far as interest goes. He is an impressive DB who first caught my eye in the opening game against Kirkwood last year. Good speed, skills and tackler.
8. David Harper 6`4" 275 OG/ DL 5.2 School of the Osage – Apparently impressed the staff at the STL one day camp. Is a good athlete who competes in the weight events in track and is now on the Tigers radar screen.
9. Cory Meachum 6`3" 310 DT 5.2 Park Hill South – Missing out on the one day camp in KC will probably keep an offer from the staff coming anytime soon. Probably the second best DT prospect in the state behind Jason Townsend.