Site: Columbus, Ohio
Stadium (Cap.): North Turf Field (2,000)
Surface: Artificial Turf
Records: Navy (1-0 / 0-0 PL); Ohio State (0-1 / 0-0 GWLL)
National Rankings: Navy (#4 IL); Ohio State (#14 IL)
Series: Tied 1-1
Streak: Ohio State -- 1 game
Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy, High 39*
- This will be the third meeting between Navy and Ohio State, with both teams winning once.
- The Mids are 2-1 all-time against teams from Ohio. Aside from the 1-1 series standing with the Buckeyes, Navy is 1-0 against Denison (22-2 win on March 26, 1969).
- Navy is also 5-2 against teams from the Great Western Lacrosse League (1-1 vs. Ohio State, 4-1 vs. Air Force).
- The Mids will take a five-game road winning streak into Columbus this weekend. The Mids were a perfect 5-0 last year in true road games, defeating four ranked teams in the process.
- Ohio State will be the first of at least six ranked teams Navy will play this season.
- Navy will play in its 98th year of lacrosse in 2005, and won its 650th game versus Providence.
- Three Navy players (Graham Gill, Mitch Hendler and Matt Russell) have named to the preliminary Tewaaraton Award watch list.
Notes from last week
- Navy cruised to a 9-2 victory in Branford, Conn., over Providence last weekend.
- The weather at face-off was 28 degrees and a brisk north wind, but didn't cool down Steve Looney, who scorched the Friars for a career-best five goals.
- Navy improved to 3-1 in Connecticut all-time, and it was the Mids' first trip to the state since 1950.
- The Mids also improved to 8-0 all-time against current members of the MAAC, the conference that Providence is in, outscoring their MAAC counterparts in the eight games, 101-31 (12.6 to 3.9).