Site: Annapolis, Md.
Stadium (Cap.): Navy Marine Corps Mem. Stadium (34,500)
Surface: Natural Grass
Radio: WNAV (1430 AM)
Records: Navy (2-0 / 0-0 PL); North Carolina (1-0 / 0-0 ACC) National Rankings: Navy (#4 FOY); North Carolina (#6 FOY)
Series: North Carolina leads 10-8
Streak: Navy -- 2 games
Weather Forecast: Rain / Snow Showers, High 47*
- This will be the 19th meeting between Navy and North Carolina, with the Tar Heels holding a slim 10-8 advantage.
- Navy, however, has won two games in a row in the series.
- Navy is 7-3 at home against North Carolina.
- Four of the last five meetings between the two teams have gone into overtime, including a six-overtime contest in 2002 and a four-overtime thriller in 2003.
- The last five meetings, and six of the last eight, have been determined by one goal.
- The Mids are 92-85-1 all-time against teams from the ACC.
- The Mids won their sixth straight road game last weekend, 11-5 over Ohio State. Of the six wins, five have come against teams ranked in the nation's top 15.
- North Carolina will be the second ranked team that Navy plays this season (Ohio State was the other).
- Navy is in its 98th year of lacrosse in 2005, and won its 650th game versus Providence. Last Week Recap...
- Navy breezed to an 11-5 victory over No. 14 Ohio State last weekend.
- Jon Birsner tallied four points (2 g, 2 a) and Tommy Wallin netted his first career hat trick.
- Matt Russell stopped nine shots in the cage for the Midshipmen.
- With the win, Navy is off to a 2-0 start for the sixth time in 11 seasons under Richie Meade.