"He's probably a couple of months out actually," Paul's father, Greg, said. "We are going to go on one more trip. What happened was in the beginning of May there were two or three coaches that came to the school that said that they would very much like to talk to Paul."
There is a school that has recently reached out to Thurston that has piqued his interest. It was a little later in the evaluation period so Thurston's are still waiting to hear back from them.
"It was USC. USC has been a school that Paul has been interested in since he was a little guy. So USC came out last week, actually it was Tuesday, and they filmed him. They filmed him at practice and they were taking it back to the offensive line coach to evaluate.
"I guess with the forthcoming sanctions they have to be very careful with who they offer. If they offer Paul then we have enough resources to take one more trip."
There is one more trip coming anyway according to Thurston's father. If USC offers though it will definitely influence the decision on where Paul will take the last trip. Either way, the Thurston's will see two schools on the last trip.
"If USC comes forward then we will probably take that trip to USC. If not we will look at Arkansas as a possibility. Also we are looking at Stanford and Cal. Cal just offered this past week. So, we could do Cal and Stanford or USC and UCLA."