1. What led you to take the Junior College route instead of going straight to a Division 1 school?
Jerran: "I knew I had the potential to go a to competitive division 1 school, but I wanted to improve my skills and get mentally ready to attend the school I knew I was capable of attending."
2. What did you learn about your game and the college game overall while playing for McLennan Community College your first year?
Jerran: "I got more mentally tough and learned a lot about being a team in college. In high school it was a very selfish sport, but now I have matured and have become a smart selfless player."
3.When analysts talk about you, they consider you a pure scorer, would you say that your only a scorer?
Jerran: "No. I can also play defense. I can put a lot of pressure on the opponent."
4. You went to a football game on your official visit, what did that tell you about Huskers fans?
Jerran: "They are very supportive of Nebraska sports. You can tell when Nebraska plays they will always be there."
Jerran: "I have a great opportunity to come in and make a difference in the program."
6. What makes Jerran Young different than other basketball players? How do you use that to your advantage?
Jerran: "He can drive the basketball to the hoop, but also make the three pointers - so he is unpredictable and the opponent will not know where to cover."
7. What was the defining moment where you knew you wanted to be a Nebraska Cornhusker?
Jerran: "I loved the campus and coaches and I knew I would be able to go in and make a difference in the program."
8. How do you feel you can contribute to the 2012-2013 Huskers basketball team?
Jerran: "I believe I can contribute to the team by having a good attitude and being a smart and selfless player."
9. This years the Huskers team got off to a quick start, but there is always room for improvement, what does Nebraska need to do to get better and how far can they go?
Jerran: "We need to limit turnovers and keeping the guards out of the paint. I believe they will go far this year."
- Josh Harvey -