* The key to this game was Nebraska forcing the issue early in the shot clock – it was a fast paced game, which is not something that one would expect from these two teams. It appeared that Nebraska's mindset coming out was to score fast. They slowed down at times, and that's when Penn State made their runs. They played aggressive on both ends of the floor, sometimes too aggressive, but obviously the end result was positive. Overall the energy was tremendous, especially considering Nebraska's record and disappointing losses of late.
* Bo Spencer came alive in the second half with 12 points, and he finished as the Huskers' leading scorer with 19, but it was really an all-around effort from the Huskers on the offensive end. Caleb Walker, Toney McCray and Dylan Talley chipped in with 13, 12 and 12 points respectively. It was a solid effort by Nebraska on the offensive end, by far the best they've looked in Big Ten play.
* Talley and Jorge Brian Diaz both came in off the bench at the first media break. Talley added to his 12 points with five rebounds and Diaz scored four points grabbed five rebounds and blocked three shots. Since coming back from injury their presence in the lineup has proven to be big for the Huskers, both in the game at Illinois and tonight against Penn State.
* A big weakness shown by the Huskers tonight was their inability to break the press. Penn State started showing the full court press a few minutes into the second half, and Nebraska suddenly became completely inept at bringing the ball up the court, committing a number of turnovers and allowing Penn State to make a small run. It happened again in the final few minutes of the game allowing the Penn State to make the game closer than it really should have been.
* Penn State's Tim Frazier played as advertised. The talented junior had an outstanding performance with 30 points. He did a great job finding teammates as well, with four assists, but they only shot 22.7 % and the second leading scorer was Sasa Borovnajak with only eight points. Frazier played the entire 40 minutes and without him this game could have gotten very ugly for the Nittany Lions.