Troy Henderson was all set to announce his college choice this Friday, but less than 24 hours before his announcement he received a new offer that has those plans on hold.
"I was offered by Nebraska this afternoon, and that offer is going to have me postpone my commitment," Henderson admitted. "The Nebraska offer means a lot to me, and I've been talking to them for a few months. They were at my school in May, and we've stayed in touch but they never offered."
"I spoke with them this week and told them I was going to commit this Friday, and they wanted me to wait until they had a chance to talk about me with their staff," he added. "I received a message today on Facebook to call them, and when I did they said I had a scholarship offer from Nebraska."
The three-star linebacker out of Lakewood (OH) St. Edward holds double-digit offers, but he has decided to look closer at Nebraska.
"Coach (Bo) Pelini was in favor of offering and that means a lot to me," he explained. "I want to give Nebraska a chance before I commit, because I never want to decommit and go back on my word. I don't believe in that, and I want to honor my word to my school."
"I spoke with my family, and we want to go and visit Nebraska and see what the school is all about," he continued. "My family wants me to wait on my commitment, and they agree that I need to check out Nebraska closer. I want to be committed before my season begins, and I think I can still get that done."