Ohio State (11-2)
Michigan State (9-4)
On The Bubble:
Penn State (12-1)
Someone Has To Be Bottom-Dwellers:
- Clearly, things aren’t quite what was to be expected. Penn State has the best record in the Big Ten (yes, it also had the easiest schedule, but still). Nebraska has been profoundly disappointing up to this point. Although, thanks to Michigan the Huskers aren’t the most disappointing team. Maybe the basketball team decided to pick up where the football team left off? “Michigan is a mess” is a theme that refuses to go away.
- Wisconsin is head and shoulders above every other team in the Big Ten. The Badgers are a top five team in the nation and look like a team poised for another deep tournament run.
- Back to the Nittany Lions. Yes, they had the easiest schedule, but not one person in the country would have marked them to be 12-1, holding the best record in the Big Ten to this point. Good on them.
- Teams to keep an eye on: Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, and Minnesota. All four are playing good basketball and look like tourney teams. We will see if they can hold up, get better even, as Big Ten play comes.
- Can Nebraska bounce back? The Cornhuskers didn’t have a great non-conference run last season either, but really impressive play in conference spurred them into March Madness? Do they have another run in them or is the offense just too big a mess?
*** Posted by Josh Harvey ***