LINCOLN, Neb. - Nebraska defensive tackle Maliek Collins admits he's nervous 24-hrs before he hits the field. It's a feeling of anxiousness.
Something tells us BYU's interior line will be nervous on Friday night as well, as they get ready to deal with one of top defensive tackles in college football.
“This is a very good team that we are facing here, and we definitely have to be prepared. It’s just like any game where you have to prepare for your opponent and you can’t underestimate anyone," said Collins. “They’re a very physical team up front, but I like to say that we’re a very physical team.”
In the video above, Collins talked with a small group of media members before he hit the podium on Monday afternoon. The video can't be found anywhere else.
Want to hear more from Maliek Collins?
Big Red Report members can check out our extended clips and questions from the potential All-American junior defensive tackle.
Here is what Collins talked about in video No. 2.
- How he planning to deal with double-teams in 2015.
- Who he models his game after.
- What he has learned from new defensive line coach Hank Hughes.
- The Suh comparisons.
- On if it's fair to compare him to pro NFL DTs.
- The reason he wears No. 7.
- Senior defensive tackle Kevin William's media rant.
- Rotation at the defensive tackle spot.
- The linebackers behind him.
- Juggling being a college football player and father.
Not a BigRedReport.com member? Sign up now and you'll get a seven day FREE trial! Join the Red Zone family and get all the great information you need going into the season.
Become a member today!
Josh Harvey has been the publisher of BigRedReport.com since 2011. You can follow him on Twitter at @joshharveyscout.