Coming into the Huskers' matchup with Rutgers over the weekend, a look at the numbers for Shavon Shields, who is recording his 100 consecutive start on Tuesday against Minnesota.
NU MEDIA RELATIONS:
* He became the eighth Husker to total 1,300 points and 600 rebounds at Iowa on Jan. 5.
* Shields is one of only 13 players nationally averaging 15.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 3.0 apg and 1.25 spg, a list that also features Kris Dunn of Providence, Ben Simmons of LSU, Malcolm Hill of Illinois and Gary Payton III of Oregon State.
* He has reached double figures in 13 of NU’s 16 games, including a season-high 28-point, five-rebound effort against No. 21 Miami on Dec. 1.
* Shields has 68 career games in double figures, including 18 career 20-point performances and a pair of 30-point efforts. He scored a career-high 35 against Omaha (11/25/14) and had 33 points against Illinois (2/14/14) and is one of just 14 players in school history with multiple 30-point games.
* Shields has four 20-point games this season, including a 25-point effort against Samford on Dec. 20 and 21 points against Delaware State (Nov. 19) and Abilene Christian (Dec. 5).
* Shields is just the second player in school history to be a three-year captain and is a returning first-team Academic All-American. In 2014, he was also one of 16 national finalists across all of Division I athletics for the 2014 Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar Award.