Welcome to the Big Red Report message boards! These boards are dedicated to the rabid red and the team they love, the Nebraska Cornhuskers. We welcome the Big Red faithful, as well as rival school's fans to drop in, relax, and talk a lot of college sports.
In order to facilitate the free and respectful exchange of opinions about the Huskers, the following board etiquette rules must be
PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY!
If you ever have a question about why any post or thread was removed, please consult this list. The odds are very good that the answer you seek will be listed below.
A dedicated team of administrators and unpaid moderators monitor this board. The mods are responsible for keeping this message board fun, informative and clean. If you read an offensive post at any time, please assist us and bring it to the attention of one or all the moderators/administrators by sending an e-mail or private message, or simply click on the 'Report' link at the upper right hand corner of the post in question.
We expressly reserve the right to delete in its entirety any thread, post, or link to material which we, in our sole discretion, deem to be offensive to the sensibilities of ordinary persons, or which might subject us to legal liability.
Registration is currently required to post on any message board of BigRedReport.com and we encourage you to do so. Registering lends credibility to your moniker and new users receive a warm welcome. It also insures that no one else can "impersonate" you or post a message using your moniker. Message Board registration will not result in an inbox full of spam. You only share as much, or as little information as you want.
1. Flaming: Posters will be expected to maintain basic courtesy toward the opinions of others. Please avoid flame wars. Do not post anything you KNOW will cause others to flame, aka "flame bait." We expect all members to agree or disagree in a civil manner. Personal attacks will not be tolerated towards other fellow posters, recruits, players or coaches.
2. Bigotry: Posts containing racial, sexual, ethnic or religious slurs will be promptly deleted. Repeated posts with these slurs will be considered cause for banishment. Discrimination and/or bigotry will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form.
3. Spamming: No spam (posts containing advertising) are allowed without the express permission of the publisher of BigRedReport. Contact Steve Ryan if you have any questions regarding this subject.
4. Offensive Language: The moderators and administrators of this board recognize that it is populated by adults, thus we expect that everyone will be able to express themselves in a public forum accordingly. The use of profanity is discouraged. Continued use of profanity will be cause for editing or deleting a post. Obscene language and/or graphics are not acceptable.
5. Code: The use of HTML code (where allowed) in posts should be limited to college sports-related information. Please avoid lengthy "signature" files.
6. File Size: For performance reasons, please limit any graphics to which you post links to images 50K or less in size. If you're not sure, don't post it. This is a technically powerful board, but going overboard with graphics will limit the performance of the board and the willingness of users to read your posts in the future.
7. Copyrighted Articles and Images: We ask that you do not copy and paste an entire article or paste any image that is from any location not originating from within the Scout.com network. Instead, provide the first paragraph and a link to the article; or provide a link to the image and not the image itself. Copyright laws exist for a reason. Copying of a known copyrighted image or a complete article and pasting it in any post on BigRedReport.com is strictly prohibited.
8. All Caps: Please refrain from posting using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Capital letters are great for emphasis on occasion, but remember, it is annoying to everyone to read multiple posts that are all caps.
9. Recruiting information: If you provide ANY recruiting information on any board of BigRedReport.com, you must provide a valid source for that information. If such cannot be provided, we reserve the right to delete that post. It is quite possible that the information originated from a premium source, i.e. a subscription based recruiting site. Do not post links to premium articles! If it is a free article, provide a link to that article, but any posts about hearsay information will be judged and summarily ruled upon at the discretion of the moderators and/or administrators as to it's continuing existence.
Both we and others make a living (or try to) with the recruiting information
provided and we expect everyone to respect that.
10. HAVE FUN: Have fun talking about the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers and all the sports that make this program great. Different opinions about topics are what this board thrives on, but remember... let's be respectful!
For People Who Just Don't Get It:If you have nothing constructive to contribute to any of the BigRedReport.com forums (determined by any one of the board moderators or administrators), your posts can be removed without warning. If you continue to make posts that offend the membership of this board, or breaks the spirit of the rules listed above, you may be banned.