1. Andrew Rodriguez, OL, 6-foot-6, 298-pounds, Aurora – COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA - Clearly the top player in the state. Huge frame. Tremendous upside.
2. Jesse Hinz, DT, 6-foot-4, 290-pounds, Beatrice – Big frame on a DT. Hinz weighed in at around 290 pounds at the spring game.
3. Ron Coleman, ATH, 6-foot-0, 240-pounds, Omaha North – Coleman is an excellent athlete and strong as an ox. Question where he fits. DT? FB?
4. Antaries Daniels, RB, 5-foot-11, 190-pounds, Omaha Northwest – Had good summer camp last year, needs a break on the field in fall. New coach and offense to the rescue.
5. Austin Kaczor, TE, 6-foot-4, 210-pounds, Ewing – Good size as a tight end combined with good speed (4.8/40). Might be able to play DE as well.
6. Lincoln Hansen, OL, 6-foot-6, 287-pounds, Omaha Millard North – Impressive size. Played for down team last year. Could really emerge this fall.
7. Sir Bullock, WR, 6-foot-1, 175-pounds, Papillion-LaVista – 4.5 speed, Bullock is a big play threat for Papillion-LaVista and is part of a super, WR tandem.
8. Glenn Lewis, WR, 6-foot-1, 170-pounds, Papillion-LaVista – The other part in the WR tandem at LaVista, Lewis can hurt you with the ball in his hands.
9. Stephon Washington, RB, 5-foot-8, 175-pounds, Omaha Burke – Washington has real big-play potential with his 4.4 speed.
10. Tyler Evans, S, 6-foot-2, 175-pounds, Ewing – Evans is a safety that has good size and speed to go along with it (4.48/40). Could really move up the list.
11. Clint Belina, LB, 6-foot-1, 195-pounds, Howells – A real athletic player that projects to play the outside linebacker position at the collegiate level.
12. Zach Lempka, DE, 6-foot-5, 215-pounds, Sterling – Big frame. Needs to be more dominant at the competitive level that he is playing at in Nebraska.
13. Jordan Tyrance, WR/LB, 6-foot-3, 197-pounds, Lincoln Southwest – Recognize the last name? The son of former Husker Pat Tyrance is a bit under the radar and could surprise this year.
14. Bronson Marsh, QB/ATH, 6-foot-0, 200-pounds, Omaha Millard South – Threw for over 2,000 yards each of the past two seasons. 4.5 speed could project him to play another position.
15. Bryce Dietz, OL, 6-foot-5, 285-pounds, Lincoln North Star – A strong, athletic big man. Might be a little over-shadowed by other OL in the state this year.
The 2010 year looks to be very deep in talent this year with a cherry on top that is obviously Rodriguez. There is a clear, top player in the state there are some others that are just right there on the cusp of getting some Division I attention that could lead to an offer. I think that players like Antaries Daniels and Austin Kaczor might be in the wrong place at the wrong time considering Nebraska's current status at running back and tight end.
I think that there are a couple outside the top five that could step up and possibly pick up a Nebraska offer. One is Lincoln Hansen. I think that Millard North had a down year last year, which is uncharacteristic, but with a little bit better year as a team could improve the look that Hansen gets. I also like what Tyler Evans brings on paper when it comes to his size and speed. Also, safety is a position that is going to get a look this year with Ricky Thenarse and Larry Asante graduating.