This year's Fan Day returns to the opening of practice for the first time in more than 15 years, giving fans a chance to wish the Huskers well before they head into fall camp. Nebraska will hold its first preseason practice later on Saturday afternoon as Coach Bo Pelini's second Husker team begins preparations for the 2009 campaign.
Fans planning to attend Saturday's activities should enter Memorial Stadium through Gate 3 or Gate 24 on the south end of Memorial Stadium. Gates will open at 9:30 a.m.
Fans should keep the following information in mind as they plan for Fan Day.
- · Fans must limit autograph requests to one item per player/coach. Please respect the time of other fans and the players and coaches by adhering to this rule.
- · Rosters and autograph sheets will be available for fans at Gates 3 and Gates 24.
- · Huskers Authentic will be open beginning at 7 a.m. on Saturday. The team store, located directly across from Memorial Stadium on Stadium Drive, recently had a grand re-opening and is stocked full of new merchandise for the upcoming season. Media guides and schedule cards will also be available at Huskers Authentic.
- · Huskers Authentic will have satellite locations near Gates 3 and 24 at Memorial Stadium.
- · Schedule posters will NOT be available on Fan Day. They will be available later this month at Huskers Authentic.
- · A station to purchase drinks will be located on the West sideline near the 50-yard line.
- · A seating map is attached/linked indicating seating of each position group and the coaching staff.
- · By past experience the line for Coach Pelini and certain position groups will be extremely long. Fans should consider that when determining how to best use the 90 minutes of time with players and coaches.
- · With Nebraska practicing later in the afternoon, players and coaches will be on a tight time schedule for lunch, meetings, practice. Please respect their time and allow them to leave the field at the conclusion of Fan Day at 11 a.m.
- · Restrooms will be available, but there will be no access to the Osborne Complex.
- · Parking lots around Memorial Stadium will be open, including the Stadium Drive parking garage.