Post practice video with Carl Pelini
- PRACTICE NOTES
- Mean Joe Greene was in attendance today. Carl Pelini said after practice today that he didn't offer Greene a Coke, as the young boy did to Greene in the iconic Coca Cola commercial of the late-70s. Pelini added that they might give him one tomorrow, but in a Pepsi can, since the school is sponsored by Pepsi Cola and not Coke. Greene is a Scout for the Pittsburgh Steelers, but did give a talk to the team after Wednesday's practice.
- The quarterbacks wore the red jerseys once again, allowing them to be hit.
- Running back Roy Helu wore the green jersey once again.
- Also donning the famed "Greenshirt" was Alfonzo Dennard and Chris Brooks. Brooks began practicing with a heavily wrapped ankle, but took the pads and helmet off about 10 minutes in to practice.
- Wide receiver Khiry Cooper sat out of practice today. He has practiced the past few days, so it's unclear what the nature of the issue is.
- Cornerback Anthony West gained the attention of those in attendance today. During a field goal drill, West came off the edge past a blocker and swatted the kick away. Coach Sanders always talks about this guys effort during practice, so it's good to see the motor is still going full speed despite his recent demotion.
- Junior linebacker Blake Lawrence has missed the last couple of days of practice. Carl Pelini said after practice today that Blake along with his parents, are meeting with Head Coach Bo Pelini, and from that it would seem there will come a determination on Lawrence's future. As you may know, Lawrence has been sidelined no less than twice since he got to Nebraska, with concussions. His most recent one kept him out mof the Spring Session.
- You could see true freshman running back Dontrayevous Robinson actually take snaps at running back this week. Robinson's first snaps of his Husker career came last week, but only on special teams. With the loss of fellow freshman Rex Burkhead, and the continuing health problems with Roy Helu Jr., who continues to nurse a shoulder, Nebraska needs another physical and dependable back to help carry the load. The only other back to get time in last weekend's game was junior Austin Jones.
Part 1 -
Part 2 -