- The Huskers participated in a full-padded practice
- Watson said that with extra time to prepare for Arizona, the offense has gone back to the basics. The offense is running drills like they did in spring practice. Watson said that competition is open to anyone who hasn't been redshirted this season. "We've given ourselves a real opportunity to get our wind back in our sails – getting guys back healthy, which helps," he said. "We've had really good practices. We have really started from the very beginning, re-teaching and taking our time going through things. Today was one of our best ones (practices)."
- Amongst the injuries which have hampered the Huskers this season, according to Watson are junior offensive lineman Ricky Henry (shoulder), junior running back Roy Helu Jr. (shoulder), sophomore offensive lineman Marcel Jones (ankle) and junior offensive lineman D. J. Jones (ankle).
- When asked if he is worried about his job security, Watson said, "No I'm not. Bo knows. He's a good guy. He's been totally on the same page as us this whole time."
- Watson talked about the future a little today. He said that four guys who he is very excited to see are freshman offensive linemen Nick Ash, Jeremiah Sirles, Brent Qvale, and Jesse Coffey.
- He also said that he is very excited about the signing of JUCO standout Jermarcus Hardrick, who signed his letter of intent today. "He's a great talent, to begin with," Watson said of the Ft. Scott transfer, who will enroll in January and have three years to play two. "We feel like we need to make competition throughout our whole offense. Competition is the first motivation a player has, and that is really big. We need to continue those guys."
- Speaking of the future, Watson said today that as of right now, freshman quarterback Taylor Martinez is in line to play quarterback. There have been many rumors about Martinez moving to safety next season.
- The team arrives in San Diego on December 25th. The team won't be bored when they get to the sunshine. Junior tight end Mike McNeill said that he is looking forward to his trip to the San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld. The Missouri native said he wants to swim with the dolphins.
Check out the full audio with the Offensive Coordinator as he touches on everything above and much, much more.
Post Practice Audio with Shawn Watson