- After practice, Bo did not seem too impressed with his squad. The Huskers held their first scrimmage of the spring on Saturday, and Pelini said they did not respond well. However, Bo did say he may change his mind when looking at the film after practice.
- Bo also said the main thing he wants to see from his team is improvement. As long as the team is getting better, Pelini will be happy.
- Jermarcus "Yoshi" Hardrick practiced today, but once again wore a wrap on his hand.
- Defensive tackle Jared Crick shared the same sentiments after practice. When asked about his goals in spring practice, Crick said he is just trying to get better every day.
- Defensive backs coach Marvin Sanders was asked about the safety position. Sanders listed off nearly ten different names of players who are legitimately competing a starting job. Sanders said he really loves his group's depth. Sanders also said he is really excited to see Harvey Jackson and Corey Cooper join the team in the summer.
- Sanders also talked about the progression of senior safety Rickey Thenarse. Sanders said he really knows Thenarse has matured because he actually is listening to what Sanders says now. Sanders said he knows that Rickey is paying attention because he will often ask a follow up question.
- Pelini also said he thinks Rickey Thenarse is progressing well in his return.
Tight end Dreu Young was back on the field today as the team went in
full pads for the eighth practice of the Spring session
Continuing to be out are as follows:
TE, Ben Cotton (status uncertain)
TE, J.T. Kerr (Out for Spring)
QB, Zac Lee (Out for Spring)
LB, Matt May (out for Spring)
OL, Ricky Henry (Out for Spring)
DB, Lance Thorell (status uncertain)
DB, Justin Blatchford (Out for Spring)
DB, Andrew Green (status uncertain)
There seems to be a little shifting around on the offensive line right now. At left guard you now have Mike Smith. Smith had previously been at center, but it was known that he could work anywhere of the interior spots. He's backing up Keith Williams.
At center you have Mike Caputo and Cole Pensick.
At right guard you have Brent Qvale and Brandon Thompson
At left tackle is Jermarcus Hardrick and Jeremiah Sirles
At right tackle is Marcel Jones and D. J. Jones
Sirles, Williams, Caputo, Qvale and Marcel are all taking most of the first unit reps from what I could tell.
Post Practice Audio with Head Coach Bo Pelini