MWC Power Rankings – Week 6
1. Boise State (previous 1) – Boise State continues to run through the Mountain West like a freight train. If they win out they should get the G5 access bowl spot.
2. Utah State (6) – Utah State has quietly reasserted itself as a contender for the Mountain Division. Did you write them off after their lackluster opening against SUU? Don’t worry, I did too.
4. San Jose State (3) – San Jose may just be the most athletic team in the West Division. There still are some questions to be answered but they’re the favorite to win the West right now.
5. San Diego State (10) – The Aztecs took care of business against helpless Fresno State and then traveled to Hawaii and took care of business there. So they’ve earned the jump from 10 to 5 and could contend for the West Division.
6. UNLV (7) – Just so you know it breaks my Silver & Blue heart to put the Rebels ahead of Nevada. But they came to Reno and outplayed us, outcoached us, outhustled us and won that game. They then went to overtime against SJSU and lost. But they won the head to head against us so for now they’re ahead of us.
7. Nevada (4) – The Wolf Pack, after suffering the worst loss in a few years bounced back and handled New Mexico. And they handled them convincingly.
8. Hawaii (5) – Hawaii is playing better defense, but they can’t score points….at all.
9. Colorado State (8) – Colorado State has had a rough season. New coach, new system, not going to win 10 games this year. But at least they’re getting a new $256 million stadium.
10. New Mexico (9) – New Mexico was handled by Nevada this week and look to bounce back against Hawaii.
11. Fresno State (11) – The Bulldogs are just happy Wyoming is in the conference.
12. Wyoming (12) – No comment.