- San Diego State (previous 5) – Well, this is new. The Aztecs dominated the Aggies, who dominated Boise State the week before. It’s hard to see the Aztecs losing a game with their remaining schedule, but who knows.
- Utah State (2) – The Aggies are in the driver’s seat for the Mountain Division. If they win out, they will have a date with the winner of the West, likely SDSU.
- Boise State (1) – The Broncos had a huge “what just happened?” game against Utah State two weeks ago. They did go out and take care of business against a very improved Wyoming team.
- Air Force (3) – Two weeks ago they lost to Colorado State and this week they spotted Fresno State 14 points then decided they would start playing football scoring the final 42 points of the game.
- San Jose State (4) – They lost two weeks ago against now West Division front runner SDSU and then took care of New Mexico.
- Colorado State (9) – This team is all over the place. When you write them off they surprise you by beating Air Force. They have a big game at home against San Diego State (this may be my upset pick for the week).
- Nevada (7) – Can you say Jekyll and Hyde? This team should be 6-2 but easily could be 3-5 right now. I haven’t figured out which Wolf Pack team will show up each week. If they were playing up to their potential right now they’d be in the top 3 but the inconsistencies have cost this team a lot. Hopefully they get it figured out during the bye week and make a run during the final 4 games.
- New Mexico (10) – The Lobos had a come from behind victory against Hawaii two weeks ago but this week they went on the road to San Jose State and lost. They’re on a bye week this week.
- Wyoming (12) – I retract any laughing I did at Wyoming. They are improving and have a lot of young talent. They may not be that good this year but they did beat the Pack and are playing better football than at the beginning of the season.
- Fresno State (10) – I don’t understand what the problem is with Fresno State. They seem to have driven off of a cliff. I’d like to see them get it figured out, but not by next week.
- UNLV (6) – Had a come from behind loss against Fresno two weeks ago. Still not sure how we lost to this team.
- Hawaii (8) – I thought they were improved, especially on defense but I was wrong. Norm Chow is on his way out, but don’t know if he will be able to finish the season.
MWC Power Rankings - Week 8
Silver And Blue Sports Top Stories
A Top 12 for Starrland Baldwin Jr.Who made the Top 12 for Texas Hot 100 cornerback Starrland Baldwin Jr.?
Broncos Coaches Have Reached Out To BarnidgeThe Broncos might be interested in Pro Bowl tight end Gary Barnidge.
Mile High Huddle3:39 PM
The Opening Oakland Regional Recruiting NotesRecruiting news and notes from the The Opening Regional in Oakland...
Scout Football1:15 PM
Castles Talks Cal Visit, Ole Miss OfferRICHMOND, Calif. -- Cal tight end target McCallan Castles breaks down his recent visit to Cal, and where the Bears stand for the fast-rising prospect. Plus, film from Castles's…