The game will be televised live on CBS with Ian Eagle and Jim Spanarkel calling all the action. The game will also be broadcast nationwide on Westwood Radio with Mark Champion and Glen Consor calling the action.
Fans can also catch the game on the Aggie Sports Network with "Voice of the Aggies," Jack Nixon, calling all the high-flying hoops action. KGRT 103.9 FM will carry the game live in Las Cruces and the radio broadcast is also available on the web at www.nmstatesports.com.
The Aggies are making their seventeenth trip to the NCAA Tournament this season, but have not advanced past the first round since the 1993 NCAA Tournament. NMSU is 10-18 overall in the NCAA Tournament and reached the Final Four in 1970.
Texas, which makes its 25th trip to the NCAA Tournament this year, has advanced to the NCAA Tournament in each of the last nine seasons, including this year.
EVEN MORE ON THE LONGHORNS:
The Longhorns enter the 2007 NCAA Tournament coming off a 88-84 overtime loss to No. 2 Kansas in the Big 12 Championship Game.
• It was Texas' fourth Big 12 Championship game in the last seven years. The Longhorns are winless in those games.
• Texas comes into this year's NCAA Tournament having won eight of its last 10 games, including a 98-96 double overtime win over No. 7 Texas A&M Feb. 28.
• Texas freshman Kevin Durant is the Big 12 Player of the Year, an All-American and one of the leaders for National Player of the Year. Durant enters the NCAA Tournament averaging 25.6 points and 11.3 rebounds per game. He has led the Big 12 in double-doubles with 20 this season. He has scored 20 or more points in 28 games and hit the 30-point mark a school-record 10 times.
• The Longhorns are starting four freshmen and one sophomore this season. Overall, seven Texas freshman are accounting for over 70 percent of the team's scoring, rebounding and assists.
• The Longhorns are shooting 39.7 percent from 3-point range and are on pace to set the school record for single-season 3-point field goal percntage (current record - .388).
• The Horns are 17-1 this season when out-rebounding opponents.
• Texas is averaging 82.2 points per game this season and is outscoring its opponents by an average of 10.9 points per game.
• Texas head coach Rick Barnes is in his ninth season at Texas and has a overall record of 215-85. In 20 years as a Division I head coach, Barnes is 417-219 and has guided 14 previous teams to the NCAA Tournament.
LONGHORNS VS. AGGIES – THE SERIES: Friday's game between the Aggies and Longhorns is just the third meeting all-time between the schools on the hardwood. The all-time series is currently tied at a game apiece with both teams winning on their home court. The first game in the series was Dec. 29, 1979 in Las Cruces as the Aggies downed the Longhorns, 77-61. A year later, the Longhorns returned the favor as Texas de feated NMSU, 101-82, on Dec. 24, 1980. The two teams have never met in the NCAA Tournament or on a neutral court.