• For the first time since the 2002-03 season, NC State defeated both of its Triangle rivals, Duke and North Carolina, in the same regular season.
With the 91-83 victory, the Wolfpack also snapped a string of 13 consecutive losses to the Tar Heels, the longest for UNC in the 100-year old rivalry.
• This is the first time a ranked NC State team defeated an unranked UNC team since 1955.
• NC State's last victory in the series was an 83-79 win on Feb. 3, 2007 in Sidney Lowe's first year as head coach. The Wolfpack's longest streak in the series is 15 games, from 1946-52.
• The Wolfpack scored its most points in the series since a 98-76 victory in Raleigh on Feb. 24, 2002, the second contest in a four-game winning streak.
• Senior Richard Howell posted his 12th double-double this season and the 25th of his career, the most since Todd Fuller had 39 from 1993-96.
• Howell also moved into third all-time in school history for offensive rebounds with 342.
• It also was his seventh consecutive ACC contest with double-figure rebounding and his 14th overall this year. NC State improved to 23-7 over the last two seasons when Howell has double digits in rebounds.
• Junior Lorenzo Brown notched his second consecutive double-double with a team-high 20 points and 11 assists. It is his fourth in the Pack's last seven games. He now has five career double-doubles.
• For the third consecutive ACC game, freshman T.J. Warren scored in double figures with 19 points. He has registered double figures in five of seven league games this season.
• NC State recorded its 12 home victory of the year, the 13th longest current home court advantage in the nation.
• NC State is 6-1 on the season when junior C.J. Leslie connects on five or more from the charity stripe. Tonight Leslie scored seven of his 17 points from the line in the Pack's win over North Carolina.
The victories have been over UConn, St. Bonaventure, Western Michigan, UNCG, Georgia Tech and Duke. NC State's only loss when Leslie goes for five or more from the line was a 51-50 decision at Maryland on Jan. 16.
• NC State matched it best shooting night from the free-throw line at 20 of 23. That's the same number the Pack had against top-ranked Duke on Jan. 12.
• For the fourth time this season, the Pack shot 50 percent or better from 3-point range. The Pack is 4-0 when it makes at least half its shots from behind the arc, including Saturday's win over the Tar Heels.