Do you have what it takes to be the voice of Carter-Finley Stadium?
NC State Athletics is seeking a highly-talented individual to serve as public address announcer for the upcoming football season. The primary responsibility of the position is to contribute to an exciting and memorable game day experience for student-athletes, coaches and Wolfpack fans.
Individuals may apply by submitting an application, along with their resume and three references related to the their ability to perform the required duties by clicking here.
The applicant must also submit an MP3 recording reading the script provided on the application website as they would in a game day capacity, along with any recordings or links from announcing sporting events that can be provided to showcase talent. Interested parties must be able to work all 2017 NC State football home games, the annual Kay Yow Spring Game and other identified football special events. Applications are due by Wednesday, May 31.
Following the application process, an in-person interview and tryout will take place at Carter-Finley Stadium between June 5-7. A sample script will be provided for individuals to read over the PA system at Carter-Finley stadium.
* Strong vocal talent, excellent enunciation skills and comfort announcing to crowds of 58,000 people
* Experience working as a PA Announcer in high school, collegiate or professional sports is preferred
* Responsible for procuring a spotter for each home game.
* Strong knowledge of NCAA football and its rules
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
* Ability to be spontaneous and react quickly as appropriate
* A unique and definitive personality, while retaining the current NC State traditions
* Arrive for home games 75-minutes prior to kickoff and be available to attend pre-game meetings
* Receptive to both positive and constructive feedback
The PA Announcer will be required to work all 2017 home football games and the annual Kay Yow Spring Game. This includes nights and weekends
* The Public Address Announcer for NC State football is a contract renewed on an annual basis by NC State Athletics
Please direct any questions or interview requests to Meghan Fitzgerald at 919-746-8616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.