Junior Defensive Tackle
6-4, 288 pounds
Southern Nash High School, Middlesex, NC
- In 2003, Herndon was in on a total of 35 tackles, including four behind the line of scrimmage. He also added seven QB hurries.
- In 2003, Herndon was in for a total of 377 plays. He recorded a tackle or QB hurry on 11% of the plays (42).
- Herndon has played in a total of 19 games during his career
High School Accolades
- Herndon was a member of Coach Amato's original recruiting class back in 2000 but spent a year at Hargrave Military Academy before joining NC State in 2001. Herndon was a sparsely-used defensive lineman until midway through 2003 when he began to increase his production along the Pack DL. He started the final six games of last season and seemed to show vast improvement during that stretch, particularly against Maryland and Florida State. Herndon is a likely starter alongside John McCargo in 2004 and the two should form a solid foundation for the interior of the Wolfpack's defense.
- Herndon showed hints of blossoming into a solid defensive tackle last year. If he can continue to progress, it's certainly possible Herndon could earn a few all-conference votes next year.