Junior Wide Receiver
6-2, 181 pounds
Blanche Ely High School, Pompano Beach, Fl
Sterling's season was cut short just three games into the year, after tearing his ACL against the Ohio State Buckeyes. He started the season strong, leading the Wolfpack receiving corps with 7 catches for 107 yards in the first game against Western Carolina. After sitting out the Wake Forest game with a hand injury, Hicks' injury occurred following a hit from Ohio State's Chris Gamble. Sterling was able to redshirt for the season and will have two years of eligibility remaining
High School Accolades
- Named First-Team All-State
- First-Team All-Broward County
- Max Emfinger All-American
- SuperPrep Pre-Season All-American
- Wolfpack Wide Receivers Coach Doc Holliday
- Hicks will battle a host of above-average receivers for playing time, including fellow Juniors Richard Washington and Tramain Hall. If Sterling can return to his form prior to the ACL injury, look for him to have a solid season for the Wolfpack.
- Sterling will probably not contend for All-Conference or All-American honors next year given the Wolfpack's depth at wide receiver and the fact that he is recovering from a serious injury.
Photo Courtesy of ACCFootballPhotos.com