6-1, 200 pounds
Killian High School, Miami, Fla.
- In 2003, Maddox started all 13 games and led the Pack in tackles with 145 total hits. He also recorded 10 tackles-for-loss, two sacks and six pass-breakups.
- In 2003 Maddox was in for 965 plays. He recorded a tackle or pass-breakup on 16% of the plays (151).
- All-ACC first team as a junior
- Named team most valuable DB after 2003 season
High School Accolades
- all county
- all state
- two star prospect
- WR coach Doc Holliday
- Andre Maddox arrived at NC State with very little fanfare from analysts that cover recruiting. In fact, most observers believed NC State to be the only team to offer a firm scholarship to Maddox. In three years he has become one of the better Safety's to ever play at NC State. Maddox's production has grown steadily each year at NC State and, in addition to being a team leader in production on the field, will be looked to for leadership off the field from a blossoming Wolfpack defense. Although not considered a player with blazing speed, Maddox simply finds a way to make plays and rarely gets caught out of position.
- Maddox is a sure-fire candidate for All-ACC preseason honors and should get some all-american mention as well. Exiting high school Maddox was rated the No. 86 S in the nation. Headed into his senior season, it's hard to rate more than a few Safeties ahead of Maddox. If he can continue building on his super junior season, Maddox could become a serious contender for the Thorpe Award.