6-0, 205 pounds
Central Cabarrus High School, Concord, NC
- In 2003, Reid started 11 games- registering 37 tackles, two tackles for loss, seven pass-breakups and one interception. He also returned seven kickoffs for 132 yards (18.9 yard average)
- In 2003 Reid was in for 512 plays. He recorded a tackle, pass-breakup or interception on 9% of the plays (45).
- Top conditioned athlete (lightweight division)
High School Accolades
- all conference
- all state
- two star prospect
- No. 13 player in NC by SuperPrep
- RB coach Dick Portee
Chose NC State over
- Originally recruited as a RB, Lamont Reid made the move to CB as a freshman and as a sophomore became one of State's better cover corners. He also took over kick returns and quickly became a major threat after returning two for scores in 2002. However, Reid didn't make the progression from sophomore to junior that he did from freshman to sophomore. His stats were down in nearly every category last year although he did miss two games due to an injured shoulder. However, Reid is a tremendous worker and possesses the physical skills to become one of the league's top CB's in 2004. The Pack defense will look to him to help improve on a lackluster pass defense in 2003. He will be counted on to become one of the leaders in the secondary this season.
-After a very promising sophomore season, much was expected of Reid during his junior season. He didn't have the year that many expected but a tougher defensive line could have as much benefit as another year of experience for Reid. He certainly has the speed, athleticism and talent to emerge as a serious candidate for All-ACC honors whether it be at CB or as a kickoff returner.