Redshirt Senior Chris Colmer
6-5, 315 pounds
Vandermeulen High School Port Jefferson, New York
Colmer missed the 2003 season with an unusual injury known as Parsonage Tuner Syndrome, a viral infection in his brachial plexis that caused numbness and pain. He was awarded a sixth year of eligibility and will suit up for the Wolfpack in 2004. He entered the 2003 season as a preseason All-ACC selection and his return could be a major addition to NC State's offensive line.
- 2003 Athlon preseason third-team All-American
- 2002 Jim Richter Award winner as NC State's top offensive lineman
- 2002 second-team All-ACC selection
- 2002 Sporting News fourth-team All-American
- 2002 Academic All-ACC selection
- 2001 honorable mention All-ACC selection
- 2001 Jim Richter Award winner as NC State's top offensive lineman
High School Accolades
- USA Today honorable mention All-American
- All-Long Island selection
A healthy Chris Colmer should have an outstanding 2004 season for the Wolfpack. He entered 2003 as one of the nation's top returning lineman and this year should bolster what may be NC State's best offensive line ever. Look for him to contend for All-ACC and possibly All-American honors in his final season at NC State.