Brown Returns from North Carolina State

One of the emerging quarterback prospects in the Big 12 Region, Mack Brown headed out east this past week in making a visit to Raleigh, North Carolina. With an offer already in hand from Colorado, did the Wolfpack give any indication to an offer? What is the current interest level of both Kansas State and Kansas?

It is a not an overly strong year in the state of Kansas for division one prospects, but one position that does stand out is quarterback. Kerry Meier and Mack Brown are two of the top quarterback prospects in the Midlands Region, and both have Big 12 offers.

In the case of Brown, who currently has only been offered by Colorado, his next offer may come from the ACC.

"I took a visit out to North Carolina State over the weekend, and it went very well," said Brown. "Their offensive coordinator informed me that Coach (Chuck) Amato is being slow this year in offering quarterbcks, but that if Colorado gave me a deadline for a decision to give him a call as they would likely offer."

"They offered an athletic quarterback from North Carolina, but said because he can play other positions they will sign two quarterbacks. If he elects to go elsewhere, then they are only looking to sign one. Right now, North Carolina State is right behind Colorado, and those are my top two schools."

As far as any interest level in Kansas and Kansas State?

"I have not had much contact with Kansas recently, and they basically informed me they'd be waiting for senior film before offering."

"If Kansas State offered, they would definitely jump up with my current top two, but I'm still deciding my interest level in them."

More specifically, what are Brown's concerns with the Wildcats?

"I'm not the type of quarterback they normally employ, but they told me they can fit their system around me. Otherwise, they wouldn't be wasting my time. It is a good program, and I really get along with Coach (Del) Miller and Coach (Bill) Synder. I think there is a chance they may still offer this summer."

With Zac Robinson already committed, the Wildcats might be awaiting Kerry Meier's decision before making an offer. Will Brown give them enough time or a could a decision be forthcoming?

"I'm not sure if I will decide this summer or not. I still have one more camp to go to at Tulsa on the 24th. I'm just going to sit back and see how everything plays out."

Video of Mack Brown

Pack Pride Top Stories