6-0, 176 pounds
Chapel Hill (NC) High School
- In 2003, Edwards played in 12 games, starting four of those- registering 26 tackles and 10 pass-breakups.
- In 2003 Edwards was in for 505 plays. He recorded a tackle or pass-breakup on 7% of the plays (36).
- Named most outstanding defensive player after spring workouts
High School Accolades
- all conference
- all area
- all state
- SuperPrep All-American
- No. 6 player in North Carolina according to SuperPrep
- Former Pack coach Joe Pate
Chose NC State over:
- UNC (offer)
- Edwards arrived at NC State with the advanced billing of being one of the state's top WR's. Although he showed marked improvement from his freshman to sophomore year as a wide-out, he was asked to move to CB as a junior because of depth issues. Blessed with tremendous speed and quickness, Edwards responded well to the move and showed flashes of becoming a solid cover corner as the 2003 season wore on. Edwards built on his late season improvements and was rewarded by being named the top defender after spring practice. He is pencilled in as a starter at CB and should give the Pack leadership and stability at the position in 2004.
- Although he would have to be considered a sleeper for any post-season awards, Edwards certainly possesses the talent to surprise folks during the 2004 season. If he continues to progress and can establish himself as a lock-down corner and snag several interceptions, all-conference mention is a possibility.