- All players were cleared to play according to Sports Information Director Annabelle Vaughan, but tight end T.J. Williams worked out in a pink jersey because he's nursing a shoulder injury.
- Cornerback Jimmie Sutton did not practice because he was back in Boca Raton, Florida due to a death in the family.
- Left tackle Chris Colmer began practice working with what looked to be the first team offensive line... surely a good sign for Wolfpack fans.
- Incoming freshmen Darrell Blackman and Bobby Washington participated in the afternoon practice. Blackman and Washington both impressed during their short stints with the offense. Blackman in particular looks much bigger than he did entering his prep season at Hargrave Military Academy and is probably the bigger of the two freshmen tailbacks. All other freshmen watched from the sidelines after going through morning workouts.
- Marcus Hudson showed everybody that he was back during the mini-scrimmage after intercepting a tipped pass thrown by Jay Davis. Hudson will be a great addition the Wolfpack secondary.
- Sure it was the first day of practice, but you couldn't help but notice Mario Williams and Manny Lawson constantly in the backfield.
Chuck Amato Transcript
Thoughts on Bobby Washington: "Well he just got here and we're happy to have him."
Is Washington enrolled: "We did everything by the book and he's here."
How good is Washington: "How good is he? We're going to find that out. But, he's pretty good [laughing]."
Washington's ability to push T.A.: "He's an awfully good back who's got a long way to go. He has a lot to learn and after he learns it then we'll see what his ability is. But, T.A.'s a very good back too."
Talk about the guys returning from injury: "We feel good but we've just got to be very careful with Chris [Colmer], Ricky [Fowler], Renaldo Moses, and Sterling Hicks. I'm very concerned about Chris in that he doesn't get too rambunctious. He really hasn't done anything in almost a year and a half to be honest with you."
How long will it takes to sort out the QB situation: "As long as it needs... as long as it needs."
Concern with RBs fumbling: "What do you think? Sure it's a concern, but a lot of that was after the fact. We're telling the defense to go in there and pull and pull. But, some of them shouldn't have happened."