6-2, 240 pounds
Davie County High School, Mocksville, NC
- In 2003, Lowery recorded 24 tackles, one sack, one QB pressure and one pass-breakup.
- In 2003, Lowery was in for a total of 142 plays. He recorded a tackle, pass-breakup or QB pressure on 18% of the plays (26).
- Last season, Lowery collected 39 total tackles, six tackles for loss and two QB pressures.
- In 2004, Lowery was in for 151 plays. He recorded a tackle or QB hurry on 27% of the plays (41).
- Special teams player of the year as a sophomore
High School Accolades
- three star prospect
- selected to the Shrine Bowl
- Lowery is a player that has methodically worked his way into becoming a bigger contributor for the Pack. While certainly not the most athletic, Lowery more than makes up for this with tremendous heart and tenacity. He showed his worth best last year in the Pack's final two games. With fellow LB Oliver Hoyte ailing, Lowery got his most extensive action of the season against Florida State and East Carolina. He was in for a total of 95 snaps and responded by tallying 20 tackles, four tackles for loss and two QB hurries. Now a junior, Lowery will be counted on to help lead the NC State LB corps, a group that is severely inexperienced beyond Lowery, Oliver Hoyte and Stephen Tulloch. He could very well see his time on the field double in 2005 and if he's able to maintain the same rate of production he showed in the FSU and East Carolina games- could become a huge boost to the Wolfpack defense.
- Lowery will begin the 2005 season off the radar as far as potential all-conference honors go. However, he has the work ethic and dedication to overcome this and could very well prove to be one of the league's top sleepers when all is said and done this year.