6-2, 220 pounds
Southern Vance High School, Henderson, NC
- Last season, Jones recorded four tackles.
- In 2004, Jones was in for 31 plays. He recorded a tackle on 13% of the plays (4).
- Most improved LB after 2004 spring drills
High School Accolades
- No. 9 player in NC by Scout.com
- three-star prospect and No. 28 LB in the nation
- Shrine Bowl selection
- former DL coach Joe Pate
- Jones' best days lie ahead as he was able to garner much needed experience in 2004 and is likely to do the same in 2005 as he'll be a potential backup to LB Stephen Tulloch. Jones has a great frame and speed and the potential to emerge as a solid player for the Pack although, admittedly, those contributions may be a year away. It is safe to say that Jones is likely to garner significantly more playing time than he did in 2004 and that experience could have him vying for a starter's spot in 2006.
- Right now, the main item on Jones' agenda is simply to get bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced. Any postseason accolades are realistically a year away at the very least although he'll likely have the chance to lay the foundation for future awards with his play this year.