Senior Free Safety
6-0, 178 pounds
Scotland County High School, Laurinburg, NC
- Last season, Jones recorded 10 total tackles, one QB pressure and one interception.
- In 2004, Jones was in for 52 plays. He recorded a tackle, QB pressure or interception on 23% of the plays (12).
- Special teams player of the year as a junior
High School Accolades
- conference defensive player of the year in 1999
- No. 44 player in NC by PrepAtlantic.com
- one star prospect by Rivals.com
- former DC Buddy Green
- JJ Jones has seen increased action each year he's been in Raleigh and will have his best opportunity yet to challenge for a starting position in 2005. Most of his impact to this point has been on special teams but will likely battle Miguel Scott for a spot on the starting defense this season. Jones has the benefit of three years of experience under his belt but will have his hands full holding off the young, up and coming Scott.
- Jones is unlikely to garner any all-conference awards in 2005 but, in all honesty, that is insignificant as the Pack simply needs Jones to give them solid play and minutes without committing any glaring mistakes.