Sophomore Defensive Tackle
6-4, 280 pounds
Dudley High School, Greensboro, NC
- Pressley played in all 11 games and earned starts against Clemson and Maryland. The high school all-american tallied 12 tackles and one tackle for loss, including three solo hits against Virginia Tech.
High School Accolades
- Consensus No. 1 DT in the nation
- Parade All-American
- Selected to play in US Army All-American Bowl
- Named the No. 1 player in NC by SuperPrep
- Selected NC State over Florida State and UNC
- TE coach Curt Cignetti
- Pressley came to NC State as one of the most highly-regarded DT's to ever select the Wolfpack. Although freshman linemen are rarely counted on for early production, Pressley showed steady and impressive improvement throughout 2004 and is now breathing down DeMarcus Tyler's neck for a starting spot on the Wolfpack defensive line. He has an impressive combination of size, speed, strength and agility. Experience is the only thing that separates him from becoming a major force for the Pack. Look for Pressley to have an increasing role with State in 2005 and it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to grab the starting spot before all is said and done this year.
- 2005 likely will not be the year Pressley makes a huge splash on the conference or national football scene but we think he has every attribute needed to plant the seeds of interest for future accolades. If he somehow wrestles the starting spot away from Tyler, Pressley could put up some impressive stats as teams try to figure out how to handle him, Mario Williams, John McCargo and Manny Lawson simultaneously.