6-1, 225 pounds
Central Catholic High School, Clearwater, Fla
- In 2004, Rumph collected 19 tackles and one pass breakup. He was second on the team in special team's tackles with 11. He has played in a total of 10 games.
High School Accolades
- No. 3 SS in nation by Tom Lemming
- No. 54 player in Florida according to SuperPrep
- 3-star prospect and No. 37 S in the nation by Scout.com
- Former S coach Chris Demarest
- After logging eight tackles versus Richmond in last year's opener, Rumph saw action only on special teams the rest of the way. Despite this, the talented rising sophomore is likely to see heavy playing time in 2005 and could very well position himself as a starter before all is said and done. A converted safety, Rumph should now be fully healed from a recurring leg injury that slowed him prior to his arrival at NC State. He has great speed and added bulk to his 6-1 frame. Rumph may be the sleeper among the players in the LB corps and could ultimately turn a lot of heads before all is said and done this year.
- Realistically, any recognition potential for Rumph is likely a year or two away. However, he appears to have all the tools to one day become a standout among the Wolfpack LB corps. Should he wrestle away a starting spot in 2005, he'll certainly lay the ground work for big things to happen in the years to come.