With the spring and summer camps and combines now in the rear view mirror, Pack Pride has evaluated dozens of in-state prospects and formulated our initial top 50 listing. Today we highlight picks 31-40.
40. LB Wesley Flagg ...6-0, 215 pounds, 4.55 in the 40...Fayetteville (NC) Jack Britt High School
Offers...UNC...Schools...Committed to North Carolina on July 24
Notes...Athletic linebacker prospect who impressed UNC coaches at their team camp. He committed to UNC after receiving an offer following camp.
NC State connection...NC State was not recruiting Flagg.
39. WR Jacob Sykes ...6-1, 170 pounds, 4.41 in the 40...Goldsboro High School...Goldsboro, NC
Offers...East Carolina and Virginia Tech...Schools...Committed to Virginia Tech on July 10
Notes...Solid wide receiver prospect who plans on greyshirting before enrolling at Virginia Tech.
NC State connection...The Wolfpack's interest appeared to be low.
38. WR Chris Dalton ...6-2, 165 pounds, 4.35 in the 40 (combine timed)...West Iredell High School...Statesville, NC
Offers...Virginia and Clemson...Schools...Dalton committed to Virginia on June 29
Notes...One of the state's fastest prospects, Dalton committed to UVA before drawing any major attention from the in-state schools.
NC State connection...NC State was not recruiting Dalton.
37. RB Devon Moore ...5-9, 190 pounds, 4.45 in the 40 ...Cedar Ridge High School...Hillsborough, NC
Offers...None...Schools...Duke, UNC, NC State, Virginia Tech, Virginia...Leader...Duke
Notes...Productive tailback has been one of the state's top runners the past two seasons. Athleticism, speed, and strength suggests that he could play a few positions on the next level.
NC State connection...NC State is recruiting Moore, but he has yet to garner an offer.
36. TE/OL Morgan Randall ...6-6, 243 pounds, 5.29 in the 40 (combine timed)...Greenville (NC) Rose High School
Offers...Navy, UNC...Schools...Randall committed to UNC
Notes...Randall plays defensive end and tight end for Rose HS, but projects as an offensive tackle on the next level. He will need to add a lot of weight, but he has a solid frame and is very intelligent.
NC State connection...NC State was not recruiting Randall.
35. WR Josh Johnson ...6-2, 182 pounds, 4.38 in the 40 (combine timed)...Avery County High School, Newland, NC
Offers...Vanderbilt...Schools...Vanderbilt, UNC, NC State, Tennessee, and Wake Forest...Leader...None
Notes...Johnson impressed at each camp he attended this summer, and is fast, physical and blessed with great hands. He's one of the more underated prospects in the state.
NC State connection...The Wolfpack is recruiting and needs WR's but will likely evaluate Johnson into his senior season.
34. Sean Allen ...6-4, 290 pounds, 5.68 in the 40 (combine timed)...Hunt High School, Wilson, NC
Offers...Virginia Tech...Schools...Duke, UNC, Virginia, ECU, NC State...Leader...Virginia Tech
Notes...Strong interior lineman prospect has already picked up an offer from Virginia Tech. The Hokies look tough to beat for Allen, who could see his stock rise this winter.
NC State connection....NC State interest level appears to be fairly low at the current time.
33. WR Javon Brumsey ...6-5, 188 pounds, 4.48 in the 40 (combine timed)... Northeastern (NC) High School, Elizabeth City, NC
Offers...ECU...Schools...NC State, Virginia, UNC, ECU...Leader...NC State, UNC
Notes...Because of his size/speed/strength combination, Brumsey has a ton of upside and could really rise in the rankings with a breakout senior season. He also could grow into a tight end on the next level, but is very attractive as a wide receiver prospect.
NC State connection...Pack is keeping a close eye on Brumsey.
32. Logan Buchanan ...6-0, 200 pounds, 4.69 in the 40 (combine timed)...Davie County High School, Mocksville, NC
Offers...UNC...Schools...Committed to UNC on June 15
Notes...Buchanan is a smallish linebacker prospect who made a ton of plays as a junior. Has good speed for the position and with added weight he should be a contributor for the Tar Heels.
NC State connection...NC State never seriously pursued Buchanan.
31. RB Devin Radford ...5-8, 174 pounds, 4.4 in the 40 (combine timed)...E.E. Smith High School, Fayetteville, NC
Offers...Virginia Tech...Schools...Radford committed to Virginia Tech on July 13
Notes...Radford's early commitment to Virginia Tech surprised some folks, but he really impressed the Hokies at their camp this summer. He projects as a cornerback on the next level, but could also end up as a running back for the Hokies.
NC State connection...NC State's interest in Radford appeared to be low.