ACC Standings - One Man's Opinion
- NC State: The Pack gets an nice opportunity to tune up and rest up for the Heels in two weeks.
- Clemson: The Tigers are looking forward to their date with the Noles.
- FSU: A tough road ahead just got tougher.
- Georgia Tech: You never want to see so many unfortunate things happen to one team.
- Wake Forest: If you're a Wolfpack fan, you're glad you've already faced the Deacons.
- Virginia: Young Cavs get a big test this Saturday.
- Maryland: The Terps need Bruce Perry, and they need him to be effective.
- North Carolina: Saturday could be make-or-break for John Bunting's squad.
- Duke: Duke is still Duke (i.e.: the last-place team in the league), but who wants to face them?
This Week's Predictions:
NC State vs. Massachusetts: Jay Davis should get plenty of practice time. NC State 45, UMass 10
Duke at Navy: Can the Blue Devils become the second league team to earn a win in Annapolis? Yes - if Alex Wade has a solid game. Duke 24, Navy 21
Georgia Tech at North Carolina: Quite simply, this is a huge game for both teams. The Jackets need some positive momentum after a rough couple of days. The Heels need to come out strong after a week off. North Carolina 32, Georgia Tech 28
Wofford at Maryland: Not much reason to go into this one. Maryland 35, Wofford 3
Virginia at Wake Forest: Arguably the biggest game of the week. Yes it's early, but this game quite simply has post-season implications riding on it. Both teams are playing with supreme confidence - and good for reason. Don't look for a high-scoring affair - just an exciting one. Wake Forest 17, Virginia 14
FSU at Louisville: The Noles get taken into overtime and are shocked. L'ville 26, FSU 20 (You can't blame a guy for trying, right?)
Matt Lail is the former Managing Editor of ACCToday.com. As a student at NC State, he was the Sports Editor of Technician. He has also worked for the News & Observer and as the Managing Editor of The Wolfpacker.