G 11 Erving Walker (5-8/171, SO) - 10.5 ppg, 3.1 rpg
G 01 Kenny Boynton (6-2/183, FR) - 14.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg
F 21 Dan Werner (6-8/230, SR) - 6.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg
F 23 Alex Tyus (6-8/220, JR) - 11.8 ppg, 6.8 rpg
C 32 Vernon Macklin (6-10/240, RSJR) - 10.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg
F 25 Chandler Parsons (6-9/215, JR) - 11.9 ppg, 6.3 rpg
F 33 Erik Murphy (6-9/217, FR) - 4.4 ppg, 2.6 rpg
G 03 Ray Shipman (6-5/210, SO) - 3.8 ppg, 2.2 rpg
Kenny Boynton: One of the top freshmen in the country, Boynton entered college as the top scoring guard in his class and currently leads the Gators in scoring. A volume shooter, Boynton can get hot in a hurry and is capable of prolific scoring games.
Florida Game Notes
• UF is 102-11 over the last five seasons when holding opponents under 70 points (9-2 this year).
• Florida was 15-4 when reaching 80 points last season and 13-1 when hitting 50.0 percent or better a year ago...Florida is 4-0 when hitting 50.0 percent this year and 3-0 when reaching 80 points.
Team Offensive Notes
• Florida opened the season by hitting 52.5 percent from the floor against Stetson and matched the number against Rutgers... UF hit a season-best 56.9 percent against Jacksonville.
• UF is 208-31 during the last 11 seasons when it gets 15-plus assists in a game (82-59 when it gets less than 15 assists).
• UF has 31 100-point games under Donovan in 449 games or one every 14.1 games...Donovan has 41 century-scoring games in his 504 career games or one every 12 games.
• UF has made a three-pointer in a school-record 592 consecutive games (dating back to Jan. 11, 1992 vs. Kentucky).
Team Defensive Notes
• Florida is 227-38 when forcing more turnovers than its opponents under Donovan.
• During the last 12 years, UF is 231-32 under Billy Donovan when holding opponents to 70 points or less...Florida went 21-3 last season when holding opponents under 70 points and opened the year by holding its first two opponents under 50 points and has allowed just four opponents to score more than 60 points.
• Florida is holding opponents to just 27.2 percent from three-point range.
Three-Point Line Critical To Gators
Florida entered the Richmond game leading the nation in three-point defense, and allowed at least seven three-pointers in each of the three games that followed before holding Presbyterian to 3-of-15 shooting Wednesday...In UF's nine wins the Gators are holding teams to 24.5 percent and just 4.2 makes per game...In UF's three losses, that number jumps up to 5.7 per game and 39.5 percent.
Turning Up The Defensive Pressure
In the last two games the Gators have forced 41 turnovers and have allowed just 35 field goals from the floor...Florida has forced more turnovers than has allowed field goals on three occasions this year...The Gators are holding opponents to just 59.2 points per game and have held nine of 13 opponents to 60 points or less.
Gators Look To Start Off New Year In Similar Fashion
Florida is 29-5 in the month of January since 2005 and has not dropped its first game of the New Year since 2005...The Gators went 7-2 in January a year ago with only losses at South Carolina and Tennessee.
Gators Reach Double-Digit Wins Before New Year's Again With a win over Presbyterian on Dec. 30, Florida reached double-figures in wins before New Year's for the ninth time in the last 11 years and the fifth straight year...UF had never done so in school history before the 1999- 2000.
Reserves Step Up When Called Upon
With Florida banged up and without two of its key reserves, Kenny Kadji (herniated disc in his lower back) and Ray Shipman (patella subluxation), walk-on Kyle McClanahan and Erik Murphy have filled in nicely...McClanahan played 13 minutes against American, then 22 against Presbyterian, while Murphy, who has been limited with an injury to his left shoulder, came up with a career night against Presbyterian, scoring 16 points and grabbing 11 boards for his first career double-double.
Gators Look For More Trips To The Line
Florida got to the line 26 times against South Alabama, its most since getting to the line 43 times back on Nov. 18 against Troy and followed with 22 trips against American...In Florida's first five games of the year, they got to the line 24.2 times per contest...In its next five games, they got to the line just 13.4 times per game...In Florida's 10 wins the Gators have hit (138) eight more free throws than their opponents have attempted (130).
Tyus, Macklin Frontcourt Progressing
Alex Tyus and Vernon Macklin combined for 29 points and 14 rebounds against South Alabama and followed that with 38 points and 14 rebounds against American...The two are combining to average 22.2 points and 12.6 rebounds per game, while they have combined for 26 of UF's 42 blocks on the season...After entering the Richmond game on Dec. 19 fifth on UF in scoring at 9.6 ppg, Tyus has averaged 16.8 ppg and 8.5 rpg over the last four outings to move his season scoring up to 11.8 ppg, third on the Gators.
Parsons Providing A Spark Off The Bench
Chandler Parsons has given the Gators a spark off the bench and is among UF's leaders in scoring and rebounding with averages of 11.9 ppg and 6.3 rpg...Parsons had his third career double-double against Georgia Southern with 15 points and 12 boards (five offensive)...He led UF in scoring with 14 points against Michigan State and had 19 against Syracuse...He has led UF in scoring three times, including 21 points against Presbyterian on Dec. 30...Florida has not had a double-digit scorer off the bench since 2002-03 when Anthony Roberson was averaging in double-figures until being inserted into the starting lineup on Feb. 17, 2003.