Tom O'Brien's squad will also play two nationally-televised Thursday night ESPN games at home: the Cincinnati contest on September 16 and the Florida State game on October 28.
For the second straight season, the Wolfpack will not play at home during the North Carolina State Fair, which runs from October 15-25, 2010. The team travels to ECU on the fair's opening weekend and has an open date on the second weekend of the event.
Notes on the 2010 NC State Football Schedule
* Four 2010 opponents were ranked in the final 2009 AP poll: Cincinnati (8th), Virginia Tech (10th), Georgia Tech (13th) and Clemson (24th).
* Nine 2010 opponents competed in postseason bowl games in 2009.
* NC State will face Georgia Tech for the first time under Tom O'Brien. The last meeting was in 2006.
* The Wolfpack hasn't finished the regular season with back-to-back road games since 1975, when Lou Holtz's squad finished at Penn State and at Duke. In 1998, the Pack finished with a game at Maryland and played UNC at Charlotte.
* This will mark the first time NC State has played two Thursday night ESPN games at home.
* The September 16 contest with Cincinnati will mark the first meeting between the two schools.
2010 NC State Football Schedule
Sept. 4 WESTERN CAROLINA
Sept. 11 at Central Florida
Sept. 16 CINCINNATI (Thurs-ESPN) 7:30 pm
Sept. 25 at Georgia Tech
Oct. 2 VIRGINIA TECH
Oct. 9 BOSTON COLLEGE
Oct. 16 at East Carolina
Oct. 28 FLORIDA ST. (Thurs- ESPN) 7:30
Nov. 6 at Clemson
Nov. 13 WAKE FOREST
Nov. 20 at North Carolina
Nov. 27 at Maryland