"Selecting our next athletics director is an important decision for the future of the athletic program and for the university," Woodson said. "We are looking for a proven administrator and leader, who will help our student-athletes be successful in the classroom and on the field of competition."
The committee also includes:
• Steve Carlton, Staff Senate Chair
• Derick Close, Former Trustee
• Eileen Goldgeier, Vice Chancellor
• Kellie Harper, Women's Basketball Coach
• Kelly Hook, Student Body President
• David Horning, Senior Associate Athletics Director
• Charles Leffler, Vice Chancellor Finance
• Margery Overton, Faculty Chair
• Sam Pardue, Faculty Athletics Rep
• Ray Rouse, President, Student Aid Association
• Steve Warren, Board of Trustees
• Cassius Williams, Board of Trustees
PJ Teal, secretary of the university, will provide staff support.
Chancellor Woodson said the committee will work with a search firm to help identify candidates and that he has begun conversations with several firms. He did not set a timetable for naming an interim athletics director.
The nomination committee will have its first meeting at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, May 17, at the Park Alumni Center.