The top five in the power clean testing are:
1) James Faison, So. -- 374 (a new overall UNC record)
2) Will Chapman, So. - 364 (record for UNC defensive tackles, breaking record of Ric Terry)
3) Madison Hedgecock, Rfr. - 364 (bested previous mark for UNC fullbacks)
4) Joey Evans, Sr. -- 358 (bests previous mark of Ebenezar Ekuban)
5) Julius Peppers, Jr.-- 358 (ties with Evans for best defensive end mark all-time)
Coach Connors says that the power clean, the vertical leap, and the forty speed are the most significant areas of testing in strength and conditioning.