Blackmon Confirms UNC Offer

James Blackmon confirmed to Inside Carolina on Monday evening that he holds a Tar Heel scholarship offer.

The 6-3 senior shooting guard at Marion (Ind.) High School is expecting a visit from Roy Williams on Friday.

After a summer in which he proved to be one of the top shooters in the 2014 class, Blackmon ended a three-year commitment to Indiana and restarted his recruitment last month.

"I think the summer went real well," Blackmon explained. "I think I proved a lot. I started to show everything that I can do, and that I am as good as any player in the country.

That opened the floodgates, as college interest poured in. After entertaining initial phone calls from nearly 20 schools, Blackmon took unofficial visits to Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, and Indiana.

"It has been real crazy and hectic, but I have been enjoying everything and just taking it all in," said Blackmon. "I am just visiting all the schools I can and seeing what will be the best fit for me."

He said late last week that he planned to take official visits to Indiana, Kentucky (his father's alma mater) and Michigan, but left the final two visits spots open because of newfound interest from Kansas and North Carolina, saying "Those are two prestigious programs, and just to know they are both recruiting me is a great feeling."

A few days later, that UNC interest has elevated to offer status.

James Blackmon Profile

Inside Carolina Top Stories