The Carolina Way award is presented to the Tar Heel who best exemplifies playing hard, being unselfish and thinking of the team first.
Junior forward James Michael McAdoo was also named a captain and won the team's rebounding award. Sophomore forward Brice Johnson was UNC's top shot blocker and led the squad in field goal percentage.
Sophomore forward J.P. Tokoto was named the Most Improved Player.
Leslie McDonald, James Manor, Wade Moody and Denzel Robinson received senior awards and capped the evening with speeches about their experiences at Carolina.
Ronnie Sykes, who is retiring this week from the Smith Center staff, received the Bill Guthridge Award. It is presented to person behind the scenes who demonstrates great loyalty to the program.
2013-14 Carolina Basketball Awards
- Dean Smith Most Valuable Player – Marcus Paige
- George Lynch Best Defensive Player – Marcus Paige
- Tyler Hansbrough Leading Scorer – Marcus Paige
- Billy Cunningham Leading Rebounder – James Michael McAdoo
- Brad Daugherty Best Field Goal Percentage – Brice Johnson
- Hubert Davis Best 3-Point Percentage – Marcus Paige
- Shammond Williams Best Free Throw Percentage – Marcus Paige
- Kendall Marshall Most Assists – Marcus Paige
- Brendan Haywood Most Blocked Shots – Brice Johnson
- Danny Green Most Improved Player – J.P. Tokoto
- Marvin Williams Carolina Way Award – Marcus Paige
- John Lotz Team Captains – James Michael McAdoo and Marcus Paige
- Athletic Director's Burgess McSwain Scholar-Athlete Award – Marcus Paige
- Dick Baddour Senior Awards – James Manor, Leslie McDonald, Wade Moody and Denzel Robinson
- Bill Guthridge Award – Ronnie Sykes