CHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- While North Carolina's 2017 schedule is due out on Tuesday afternoon, Inside Carolina has obtained the schedule in advance.
* Non-conference opponents are Cal, Notre Dame, Old Dominion, and Western Carolina
* The season opener is Sept. 2 in Kenan Stadium against California.
* UNC's ACC opener will be hosting Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson and Louisville. The last time the Tar Heels faced the reigning Heisman winner was Archie Griffin with Ohio State Buckeyes in 1975.
* The UNC-Duke game is Sept. 23 in Chapel Hill. There have been 103 games played in this rivalry and 2017 will be the first year the two programs have ever faced each other in September.
* Notre Dame comes to Kenan Stadium on Oct. 7.
* The schedule appears to be backloaded with the toughest Coastal Division opponents: at Virginia Tech, Miami, and at Pittsburgh in succession in the back half of the season.
* One game isn't on a Saturday - Nov. 9 at Pittsburgh gets the Thursday night ESPN treatment.
* UNC will have a late bye week this year - Nov. 4
* Like last season, UNC will host an FCS program in the second to last game of the year - Western Carolina.
* The regular season finale for the third year in a row will be against N.C. State.
Sept. 2 - California
Sept. 9 - Louisville
Sept. 16 - at Old Dominion
Sept. 23 - Duke
Sept. 30 - at Georgia Tech
Oct. 7 - Notre Dame
Oct. 14 - Virginia
Oct. 21 - at Virginia Tech
Oct. 28 - Miami
Nov. 4 - BYE WEEK
Nov. 9 - at Pittsburgh
Nov. 18 - Western Carolina
Nov. 25 - at N.C. State